Thread: No sound from playback of Sonar 4

No sound from playback of Sonar 4

Hello friends, I had installed Sonar 4 on to my system. I having the problem with, since I had installed it but I am unable to get any sound after playing it. I am unable to get ASIO to work in the Sonar 4. My soundcard AC 97 is working, as it plays the other music from Winamp. I have started using the WDM/KS records some of the MIDI tracks in to the audio ones. But Sonar record it little delayed. I am unable to figure out this problem so I decided to make use of the ASIO. I found it with the help of Forum from the several web sites but I was unable to configure ASIO on to my system. I was unable to have the sound. I am very new to Sonar Application. Please what can I do now to get the sound back?

Re: No sound from playback of Sonar 4

The sound card AC97 is at the bottom of the barrel for the Software such as the Sonar 4. If you have invested more on that software, better also get the soundcard designed for the audio recording environment. After much tweaking you can be able to get the Windows mapper to play any of the MIDI files format. You will not be able to hear so much. Even after if it is recorded on the Yamaha Grand you will be having the midi files for the number of playing product. The play back can only be good depends on the hardware you have installed to play the MIDI file.

You can have the SONAR and KX setup guide from the thomasabarnes.bepaced.com web page. I have no idea about whether the version of the SB live you have is 5.1 versions. If it there with you then you may encounter the problem on ASIO mapping. Better have the setup guide for the help. From there most probably your problem may get solved. if it still occurs inform back on this forum

Be sure that your mic jack is connected to mic. After it load the SRC plug in, connect to the AC97 Mic. If you are using the ProFX plug in then load the ADC and set it to the mic. Load the another SRC and set this SRC to the FX Bus 0 or 1. Do load the MX6 and then hook the ADC or SRC on to the channel on the MX6, then click and mark to all check boxes. Also all the sliders should have to be up. Connect the MX6 main output to the K1 front speaker. Connect the MX6 record output to the ProFX ASIO plugin. Set the track input to the Mic and output to the KX ASIO on to the SONAR. You will now get the signal on that track in the SONAR. If still unable to work then clear the DSP and make it from the scratch. If also it is unable to work completely uninstall and reinstall the sound drivers.

Your guide uses ASIO 4/5 (FX BUS 4/5). If it is unable to work for you, make use of the FX BUS 0/1,6/7,8/9 what ever may work for you, but the FX BUS2/3 does carry the MIDI signal by default. So in place of the MX6 place a checkmark in to the Rbox for the MX6 channel the SRC set to FX BUS2/3, that will surely unable you to record MIDI on to the audio record. If you uses MIDI with the help of the KX Synth , it is the sound font loaded in to the KX Synth 1 or 2.

Make sure that your operating system is not Vista; Because SONAR 4 is not yet designed for the Windows Vista. Since it came in to the market several years before Vista was created. You may also be able to get it work, but the very first thing is you need to have the Vista compatible drivers for your hardware. If it still unable to work for you then you need to get the SONAR 7. XP is completely different operating system than that of the Vista. Some hardware and software will work or won’t work on to the Vista operating system