Thread: iTunes problems

iTunes problems

My iTunes updated to 10.x and since it will not open. I ran virus programs, reinstalled iTunes 3 times per Apple instructions and still have a problem. Hourglass will show for a second or two, but nothing happens. I disabled Bonjour to no avail. Any ideas? I am running on XP.
    Last edited by Alton47; 05-11-2010 at 09:30 AM.

Re: iTunes problems

The problem seems to be with the software. You can get the issue to be sorted well by performing a reinstall. Still if it do not help you out you can look out for the discussion which is been already sorted in our forums. Check out for the following and try out the solution. Am sure you may then be able to get to a proper ailment and work accordingly as needed. Look out.

I agree that it is a software problem, but there seems to be something in my system that is interfering with the application. I have uninstalled and installed three times according to Apple instructions. I have run virus programs and do not find anything.

Well, most probably such behavior occurs due to Antivirus interference. Try to install iTunes after disabling the antivirus for a while, till the installation process. Also, make sure that your system meets the minimum system requirements to work with iTunes 10.

Thanks for the reply. I got it whipped. An application that had remnants left after removing was causing all the grief. It was Iolo and I believe it had been tied to System Mechanic. Anyway, I found it by going to MSCONFIG and disabling the start-up and services, then reapplying a few at a time. It took a couple of hours to get resolved. I think I have spent a year of my life straightening out stupid computer issues. Anyone seeking this fix should be able to find it on the Microsoft or Apple web sites. Not complicated, just time consuming and aggravating.