Thread: Not able to retrieve itunes library

Not able to retrieve itunes library

I have a MAC OSX compatibility Apple computer. Having the iTunes application in my laptop. Recently I tried to get the back up of the all data which are stored in my laptop with the help of the iTunes application, during that operation I got a error regarding the transfer of all the. I bought an external hard drive for the backup of the files in the separate location. The problem is I tried to transfer the data’s the iTunes is showing that it is empty, no file under the library. I am unable to retrieve the data the iTunes library? What should I do to retrieve the data? Any suggestion will be appreciated…

Re: Not able to retrieve itunes library

I think the issue is regarding the XML file which is the basic file of the iTunes, I think you have to browse the music file from the laptop, they still staying in some other place of the laptop, search them from the location and add them in the library and then do the back of the music files in the external device with the help of the iTunes application. I think this is the only solution to import the music files in our iTunes window, after drag them from the laptop.

I would like to suggest you to recreate the iTunes Library file this will be the solution for the problem which one you are facing, this will definite not create any problem with the import of the file music file in the iTunes application. For that I recommend you go through the process which will help you to create the iTunes library, locater the installation folder of the iTunes and open this folder. Drag the file which is named as the "iTunes Music Library.xml" file into the desktop window. Drag the file "iTunes Library” from the iTunes folder. Go to the file menu option and then to library option and select the “Import Playlist” option. Then lastly navigate the file which you drag from the drag from the library from the iTunes application. This will not give you any problem regarding the import of the music file via iTunes application.

As per my knowledge the file which you select for the import of for the backup might not be the original file of the music. If you synchronized the files then the music file are safe in the iTunes and no need of the back up the file. Make sure that the synchronization option is disabling while you are trying to transfer the file in into the external hard drive. In the window of the iTunes application there is a option which is named as the "Copy Files to iTunes Library", make sure this option is enable, this is works for the transfer of the music file from the iTunes to some other place. If the problem is still there then I recommend you to remove the version of the iTunes that you are having, and reinstall it with the latest version.

I suggest you to restore the machine before attempting the retrieve of the iTunes library. After that make sure the iTunes is working properly by open the program to confirm. Connect the external hard drive with the machine and select the option "file/transfer library" from the iTunes application. If you are trying the same operation form the iPod or some other devices then there also try with the same procedure. Make sure in the laptop or the device the disk use option is enable. Go for the importing of the file from the iTunes library into the external hard disk drive, I hope this time you will not get any error during the process.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

Similar issue with the iTunes application in my Acer laptop. I am having an iPhone touch, which is working fine with all the features installed the iTunes 7.0 version in my laptop. I usually use this to retrieve the music files from the iphone and also from the other places of the laptop. The problem while I tried to retrieve the music file it does do the operation with both the iphone and the laptop. It shows that the device is not supported. This problem is occurred from yesterday. Also during the problem occurs the whole computer is freezes for some times and it will resume again in the normal position after a while. I tried by restarting the iTunes application, but it does not give me any result. How can I overcome the problem? Any suggestion on this?