Thread: HTC Sync error: Driver installation failed

HTC Sync error: Driver installation failed

Recently I have bought a HTC smartphone which is running with Android operating system. I have been looking for this phone and finally I got it in my pocket. After that I tried to install HTC sync app in my computer which is running with Windows Vista Home edition. As you know you can make use of HTC Sync in order to synchronize Outlook contacts as well as calendar otherwise Outlook Express contacts along with the bookmarks of web browser among your PC and the HTC phone. When I try to install it in my machine I got the error warning "HTC Driver installation seems to have failed" and I am still getting it. What can I do now?

Re: HTC Sync error: Driver installation failed

As far as I know that the HTC sync is compatible with all the windows OS variants from Windows XP to Windows 7. You can install in Windows vista all versions. While installing the HTC sync make sure that you haven’t connected the phone to the computer. Furthermore make sure that there are no other applications or programs running in the background which might conflict with your installation. If you have previously installed the older version of HTC sync then uninstall completely along with its saved files, folder and some temp files. Re-start the system and now try to install it.

It seems to me that some of the HTC sync files are previously located in your computer without your concern. While you installing it again, the installed just unable to replace those old files. Due to this it is showing your error or fail message. If it is true then you need to completely remove those driver files first. These files may locate in System folder (usually). If this didn’t helped then you need to manually copy the drivers explicitly androidusb.cat, androidusb.inf, androidusb.sys, htcrndis.cat, htcrndis.inf as well as WdfCoInstaller01007.dll in HTC Drivers directory.

I was getting this issue also. It took me roughly 2 days to discover, except I lastly got it functioning below Windows 7 x64. The key was to install Android SDK and put in the pathway toward 'adb.exe' (from the SDK) in the direction of Windows variable ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools"). Following doing that, I re-installed 'setup_3.0.5511.exe' and the whole thing installed very well.

I had the similar issues connecting to the HTC Sync. Therefore I have followed this step.
    • Uninstall HTC Sync and Drivers
    • Install the HTC Sync and your HTC phone should be disconnected from the computer.
    • After install I plugged in the phone following that appears the notifications bar
    • choose the one through HTC Sync.
    • Now the system will attempt to discover the drivers from update service
    • You should skip this update process and it will going to work fine.

I have solved my problem. What I have done is I have copied the subsequent files inside the windows/system32 folder which the installation procedure did not install from programs/htc/htc drivers/vista_x86. So I have manually located these files and copied it to the specific folder which it needs to be.
    • Androidusb.sys
    • htcdiag.sys
    • WdfCoInstaller01007.dll

After that I have rebooted the computer. And then I have launched the HTC sync by connecting the phone. Windows Vista instantly recognized the mobile phone without any errors and warnings.