Thread: Cannot open the adobe files in my laptop

Cannot open the adobe files in my laptop

Hi guys, I have installed the adobe reader in my computer and it gets installed without any problem but after that when I tried to open any PDF files then it was not getting opened. When I tried to do that then I get an error message that says that unable to open it. After that it redirects the file to Microsoft works. I tried to right click on the link and open that with the adobe reader but it still it gives me the same result. Can you guess that what may be the problem with that and how can I solve that? Please help.

Re: Cannot open the adobe files in my laptop

There may be the problem with the installation of the adobe reader on your laptop. It may not install properly and that is why you are facing such problems. Some of the files in the installed files for adobe reader in the system folder may be corrupted and that is creating the problem for you. Completely uninstall the one that you are using and install it again. See whether that is solving your problem or not? You can also try to use some other reader instead of the adobe reader like the web based google reader.

You can use the Foxit Reader software in the place of the Adobe PDF reader if you are not able to solve the issue that you are facing. If you try this then you will find that this has great tools for performing the common task with the PDF documents. I am listing the best things that I liked about this.
    • It is the well-organized document collaboration which contains the Free Review and Commenting tools.
    • You can improve every PDF through adding images, movies and links.
    • It is free Form Fill-out, Print and Save any PDF form.
    • It will be also easy to read with crisp, clear text at any size.

You may have tried this but if you have not did till now then you can try this now. Just go to the .pdf file that you want to open and right click on that and point to Open with. Select the last option from there which is “choose program”. This will open a new window that contains all the programs that are installed in your computer. Scroll down and highlight the Adobe Reader. On the bottom of that window, you will see a checkbox for "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file". Check that box and press open. This will make that file to be opened with the adobe reader every time when you double click on that file and if you are not having any problem with the installed adobe reader.

You can make use of the Adobe repair tools for recovering the Adobe Reader program if you are having any problem with it. This will restore the files which are corrupted and will make it functional again. If you want to do that then you should have to follow the steps provided below.
    1. Open the "Start Search" field and in that you have to type "Acroread.msi".
    2. It will appear a file with the same name in search result. You will have to click on it.
    3. This will open the Adobe Reader repair set-up tool. Click on next button on that and select the option for the repair and again press the next button.
    4. Click on Install button and this will allow the program features to re-install.
    5. After finishing this wizard, you have to restart your computer so that the changes to the installed files take place perfectly.
    6. Now you can open the file for confirming that the issue is gone.

I am also having somewhat similar problem with the adobe reader in my case. Whenever I try to open any PDF document then in the place of opening it, it let me to the search that what a PDF file is. After that it returns me with a site which contains the information about the PDF file extension. I have tried everything that I know also the above posted suggestion but all that were just waste of time. Can you please tell me that what can I do to solve this issue?

I think that you need to change some settings in the Adobe Reader for the Internet. According to me you have to go to the Edit>Preferences and select the internet. Once you click on that then it will show you the option for the web browser. There you have to tick it as the appropriate and hit the OK button. This may solve the issue for you. Good Luck!!!

There may be many reasons for this issue but here I want to highlight some important points that you should consider in such cases. Here are the points:
    • If you want to PDF's embedded in a web page then you have to make sure that PDF plugin for IE in installed. Check that if you have installed the full reader.
    • There may be differences in the version of the PDF of the file and the one that you are using to open this. Check for this and install the version accordingly.
    • It is possible that the PDF files have enabled the security and that is not allowing it to be opened.
    • If you are using the Document management system there is possibility that it may have the security set.

Which version of the Internet Explorer and the Acrobat reader you are using? You can do one thing; completely uninstall the reader along with the "add-on" in IE. After uninstalling that you have to install that again. It is possible that you have installed some programs the programs that are in OS thinks that the use of that is not valid and that is the reason that you are getting redirected.