Thread: Computer freezes while playing videos.

Computer freezes while playing videos.

Hello friends I have got an unusual problem from the past few days,as my videos which are there on my computer gets freezed whenever I try to play it. Once it gets freezed then I am not able to any thing on my computer apart from restarting it. Also, when I restart it, the computer takes a really long time to boot. And if again I try to play the videos on my computer, I again face the same problem. So can any one help me to solve this issue.

Re: Computer freezes while playing videos.

Hey mate, can you specify which kind of videos are you trying to play on your computer system. Do you have a supported player to play all the videos that are there on the computer. Also, you must make sure that the player you are using must be updated. If it is not then please update the player. Also can you mention all your system requirements that you are currently having on your computer system. Only if you provide with all the relevant information, then only you will get the best solution for your problem. So please can you provide with all the related information.

Hey which kind of videos are you watching on the computer , have you downloaded all those videos from the youtube or are you playing by inserting a CD on your CD ROM and then playing the videos from that CD. If you have downloaded the videos from the youtube then you must have an updated player for playing all the youtube videos. I would reckon you that you should use a RealPlayer for viewing all the youtube videos. Also, check if you have the minimum memory required to play all the videos. It can be that the computer memory is full and that is restricting from playing any videos. So first clear all the doubts that you have then go onto any conclusion.

Hey guys thanks for your quick reply, and sorry for the less information that I have provided. Considering all the information that I have posted I will like to add up to it that I am using Windows xp on my computer system, with 80 GB hard disk and 256 MB RAM. Also, I can play the videos that I have downloaded from the websites but I am not able to play the videos from the CD. Whenever I insert the CD into the CD Rom and try to play the videos, after playing it for 10 seconds my computer system gets freezed up and I am unable to do any thing except to restart the pc. So can any one now be able to give a clear idea of what is happening to my system is that the videos are not supported or that I gave problem with my CD ROm.

Hey have you tried inserting any other CD apart from videos CD on the CD ROM. If yes and again you are facing the same problem then I guess that there is a something wrong with your CD ROM and you have to replace the CD ROM with a new ROM. If you are able to play other CDs except the video CDs then I guess that there might have something wrong gone with the video card in your system and you have to either take a new one or consult an engineer about this. Also, before you do this, first check that the drivers are properly there or not on the system, its better that you update the drivers and see if the problems gets solved. Its better you consult some engineer to solve the problem.

Hello guys this is sure that it is the CD Rom problem, as it did happened to me whenever I use to put the CD in the Rom to play any videos or music, my computer would suddenly freeze and I would left with no option but to restart. After trying so many solution to overcome the problem , I finally decided to buy a new CD ROM and once I installed the CD ROM into the drive and after that inserted the same CD which was causing the problem into the new CD Rom I finally got to run the video smoothly without any problem.