Thread: Solution to Microsoft Beta office expiry

Solution to Microsoft Beta office expiry

I was using Windows 7 operating system installed on my desktop. Few days back I downloaded software named as Microsoft beta office 2010 for my system. To configure email account is very simple and also provides some new features. The installed beta office is a trial version and it is going to expire after two days. I want to know about the possible solution that I can make use to make the trial version as a full version. Also is there any way through which I can configure my email account.

Re: Solution to Microsoft Beta office expiry

The first beta versions of Microsoft office 2010 have been released and it is available on the internet. The beta office provides features such as
    • Upload documents to your windows live and acces them from any host machine.
    • You can easily embed videos into office presentations.
    • You can configure your email account through outlook.
    • Built in PDF reader, printing of document is very simple, video editing in power point etc.

While downloading Beta office you should download the full version. While performing the installation you need to enter the product key to use it as full version which will not going to expire.

Suppose you have been using Microsoft beta office trail version from last one month and your beta office has expired. To make trail version you need to uninstall the beta office from the ADD/REMOVE programs in the control panel and install the Microsoft beta office trial version setup which you were having. After the installation you can register to Microsoft website and download the product key for the trail version. After entering the product key into the trail version your trial version will convert into full version.

Suppose your Microsoft beta office has expired because you have installed trail version. Now you want to use Microsoft beta office to configure your account and access it. In this case you can uninstall the previous setup of Microsoft beta office software and then again perform the installation of Microsoft beta office. In this way you can use the trail version of the software again and again.

Microsoft beta office provides very easy way to configure your email account and your emails are easily accessible. After the Microsoft beta office expires and you want to configure your email account then in that case you can use software named as “Thunderbird” through which email account access and configuration is very easy. Thunderbird is free open source software available for cross platform through which you can manage your email.

Steps to install and configure thunderbird for email account are given below:
    1. Install the thunderbird and open it.
    2. The radio button next to email account is already clicked. Click on continue button to proceed further.
    3. Now you need to enter your name and email address.
    4. Enter the incoming mail server and outgoing mail server.
    5. In this step you need to make some server settings and also fill the details of the provider. You need to enter the username and email address given by your provider.
    6. After pressing the continue button, all the settings which was made by you are shown below. Click on ok to continue further.
    7. Click on the retrieve button in the left corner. A new window will open in which you need to enter your server password. If you want you can click on the save checkbox to save the password. Again when opening your account it will not ask for the password.
    8. After this step your mail will be downloaded. You need to enter password for sending mail so save the password again. Thus thunderbird has been configured.