Thread: Convert .VOB files from a DVD to used with QuickTime Pro

Convert .VOB files from a DVD to used with QuickTime Pro

I am annoying to generate a complex DVD for a music audition in my college. The DVD I have at in attendance has a number of files on it with the extension “.VOB”, which QuickTime Pro won't distinguish. Is there a way or any technique to exchange these to AVI files or some other format the QuickTime Pro can recognize so that I can edit them?

Re: Convert .VOB files from a DVD to used with QuickTime Pro

If these are noncommercial DVDs and for this reason not copy protected, Handbrake is a conversion program normally used for such requests. Keep away from AVI, which is an antique container format which may use codec’s that QuickTime cannot open. Digital Video Stream is a high-quality format for use with video editing software, if Handbrake permits that alternative.

QuickTime Player Pro does not even release MPEG2 files with no additional software and cannot take out or cannot extract the audio track during export. It is the incorrect device or you can say tool for the work. MPEG Stream clip and the 900Rs MPEG 2 Playback Component at Apple Store is the just right tool for your non commercial DVD's.

I also have the same issue. And yes I just read your post. The DVDs are noncommercial so I should not have any problem working with them. I have looked at the Handbrake site and I am not confident whether this is freeware or whether there is a payment I mean any subscription charge. Do you know anything more related to this which will helpful for me?

I have been learning conducting for a while and have a variety of videos DVDs made for study reasons. I am currently applying for advance study and require making a compilation DVD of the some best extracts from these other DVDs. So I require a program or a tool which will permit me to extract passages from the DVDS, edit them, and then place them collectively to burn a new DVD. The majority of the DVDs I have seemed to be in .VOB format as a minimum that is the suffix that comes up while I place them in my disk drive. So I really speculated whether this is something that can be done with QuickTime Pro which I purchased while I was adding a soundtrack to a prerecorded video or whether I should be looking at little additional software?