Thread: After converting .VOB file can I play it on QuickTime Player

After converting .VOB file can I play it on QuickTime Player

At home more time of a day I spend while watching movie. I have computer and has a operating system Microsoft Window XP, has a processor of AMD ATHLON @2.9GHz, motherboard of ASUS, RAM 4GB (2 x 2), hard drive about 500GB. I normally use VLC media player to watch all the movie, but now days I install new QuickTime pro player for my use. I have so many DVD and the CD at home but the problem is that mostly it has .VOB extension, and this with this extension QuickTime player won’t allow me to watch this all movie. QuickTime won’t recognize the .VOB file. Can I convert this format to AVI format? If you have any other solution for this please shares with me.

Re: After converting .VOB file can I play it on QuickTime Player

Yes you can convert this format to any other format which normally plays any movie by the QuickTime player. To do this you make sure that you are using any valid software not the copyrighted. Don’t convert the file to AVI format because this is the antique container format might use high codec which cannot open by the QuickTime player. So just covert VOB format movie to any other format which can easily played by the player.

AVI format movie will not play by the QuickTime player because this file contains some high codec and this codec cannot load by this player. You can convert this file into DV Stream file format. This file format is the nice format and this is much compatible to QuickTime player. This format is the infrastructure which uses the discrete cosine Transform (DCT) to compress video on frame by frame basically. Try this solution will help you to come out from this mess.

You can simply convert your VOB format file to any other format, but the problem is, that converted file must played by the QuickTime player. To complete this task you can use YASA Video converter which convert VOB file format to MOV format. An MOV file is a QuickTime media Container format. That is, it can store audio and video data. This MOV format basically runs on the QuickTime player. Tyr this converter and you might get satisfy by this solution.

A my side I can say that you can’t play AVI file Format movie because this format contain high codec. To resolve this you can simply use Convert VOB to X which allow you to covert VOB file into the MPEG, MP4, MOV, RM, DIVx, WAV, etc. by using this converter you can convert any format to that format which can play by the QuickTime player. So as per my idea just try this converter this might help you and you can able to play any file as you want.

Your QuickTime player support so may format like Motion JPEG A, Motion JPEG B, DV and DVC Pro NTSC, MPEG-4 (Part 2), DV PAL, DVC Pro PAL, JPEG 2000. You can convert AVI file format to any of above file format. Above File format allow you to play any video with your player. As per my knowledge MPEG-4 is a collection of methods which define compression of audio and visual digital data. So just convert your movie to MPEG-4 format will gives you better performance.