Thread: Quicktime freezes while playing video but audio is working

Quicktime freezes while playing video but audio is working

I am having two computers, one is compatible with windows vista and the other one is the Mac OSX version. I having the internet connection which I used in the windows compatible machine, I usually use this for the official purpose. I am seeing the online film sites also steam videos in the machine. All of these I am using the Quick time player. The problem is occurred from the few days, the video is freezes while I was playing a .MOV video file in the QuickTime player, but the audio is keep playing. What should I do to overcome from the problem?

Re: Quicktime freezes while playing video but audio is working

I had the similar issue with the QuickTime player, after that one of my fried suggests me some technique as for the solution. Now I am suggesting you with those processes, hope this will help you to overcome from the problem. Adjust the player setting with the FFDShow. For the online video stream use the Directshow application instead of the QuickTime. In the FFDShow settings some of the settings are there for the adjusting the video properties of the playback file. If after adjusting the FFDShow setting with the players not works then recommend you to install the codec of the player according to the version of the player.

Are you trying to play the Uncompressed 8-bit .mov files in QuickTime player. So there may be the problem. Might be you machine is not compatible to playing the uncompressed file with the file extension that you are trying to play. For that you need that compatible machine to play the file. Try to play the files which are not playing with the codec of the player, and after applying the codec try to play the some other extension file in the QuickTime player. Also suggest you to re-install the player with the appropriate settings which are used for play any file extension.

Relevant issue with the QuickTime player, today I download a file which is having the extension .mov, I tried to play the file in the QuickTime, but it is not playing with the file extension, it gives me a error message that the extension of the file is not support with the player, I tried to play with another file, which plays fine. Only the .mov file extension is not playing in the player. While I play only the .mov file it just gives the audio there is no video output. And for a while the QuickTime is freezes. What should I do now? How to solve the problem?