Thread: "A newer version of quicktime is already..." error while installing new iTunes

"A newer version of quicktime is already..." error while installing new iTunes

I am having an iPhone as well as iPod for which I was trying to install the latest version of an iTunes, After downloading the same when I tried to install it then it showed me an error message as " A newer version of quicktime is already installed. This installation cannot proceed while the newer version of quicktime is installed. " When i tried to uninstall the Quicktime then it showed me the same error so I manually removed all the folders and its contents from the program files. Still I am not able to install an iTunes on this machine. Same error message annoys me.

Re: "A newer version of quicktime is already..." error while installing new iTunes

For removing the all the files of your current quicktime, best would be to use the add or remove programs on the windows operating system. Once you have installed any program on your machine then for removing the same you can go to the Start button and then click on the Control Panel where you have to double click on the Add Or Remove Programs. Once you have opened this then you need to check for the Quicktime player, click on it and then click on the remove button.

Re: "A newer version of quicktime is already..." error while installing new iTunes

I have big problems with any quick time when I try to uninstall it, used regedit to delete everything manually, and I tried to install quick time and itunes but nothing was working. I have read every forum, and followed all the news biut none of them helped me. One more problem is that in quicktime, mozilla is not detected and I cannot play video. Finally when I reinstall quick time the computer tells me you have a recent version of quick time.

I suggest you to use Ccleaner to clean your registry: then try to reinstall. Download and install this, in the left column click on the "errors" tick all the boxes, then click down on "search error" Once finished, click "Fix errors" and you will save your message Registry you say "yes" then you do that again until it finds you more errors. Open the Recovery Ccleaner, go in the "cleaner" present on the left, uncheck the last box (if Advanced is checked) then click on "Start Cleaning".

Even I was having the same issues on my windows machine with an iTunes and Quicktime but finally i have got the solution for solving this problem. Go to the folder C: / Program Files / QuickTime folder and delete it. Then go to C: / windows/system32 and delete files named quicktime and QuickTimeVR. This have solved my problem but still I am not so sure that this would be solving your problem as well as I have given the same suggestion to some guys on different forums but there was not reply from them as it has solved their issue or not.

The firm at the apple has released a security update to its QuickTime and iTunes software. The installation of these versions is strongly recommended to avoid the risk of piracy. The latest version of Quicktime, numbered 7.6.2, fixes several vulnerabilities that malicious individuals could operate through a video or audio file specifically designed to remotely execute malicious instructions. In addition, the installation of iTunes 8.2 is also strongly recommended, because hackers could exploit the security breach earlier versions to execute instructions on the computer of a user who clicks on a malicious link.

To guard against the risks of piracy and infection posed by these security holes, just download and install the latest versions of Quicktime and iTunes from the site of Apple , or configure updates of software for Mac users. The security firm Sophos said that the software, although they are developed by Apple, should also be updated on Windows platforms, because the same security holes affect versions designed for Microsoft operating systems: Windows XP SP2, Vista and later versions.