Thread: QuickTime Pro cannot save updates on Windows

QuickTime Pro cannot save updates on Windows

I have taken a new Sony Vaio Laptop for my personal use. I have installed the QuickTime Pro on my Laptop, I am using the QuickTime Pro on my system from many days, as earlier I was using the desktop system. When I have installed the QuickTime Pro on my Sony Vaio Laptop it works for me but after doing the updation to the QuickTime Pro, whenever I used to save the updates, it is unable to save. What can I do to solve this problem from my system? Any help related to this issue will be appreciated.

Re: QuickTime Pro cannot save updates on Windows

As you want to save the updated the QuickTime Pro on to your Windows system. But can you say me which windows operating system you are using on your system. This information will help me to solve your problem from your system by suggesting the exact solution. I have not faced this kind of problem on my Windows XP while updating the QuickTime Pro.

I have installed Windows 7 on my system for using QuickTime Pro. It will play the videos, but if when I try to do the save or "save as", it says the file name is not allowed, despite what file name I have apply. Anyone else has the idea to resolve this problem from my windows 7 64 bits, any reply associated with this will be respected.

I hope this will help you to solve your problem.
    Turn on the QuickTime Updates by going through these steps
    • Control Panel
    • QuickTime
    • Updates
    • Uncheck the checkbox

I have not got the path earlier because I have been searching it via to the registry but I didn’t take care of it. The major reason is because when I sysprep a system that has QuickTime it gets the checkbox back.

I too have this problem. I installed win 7 on another drive (allowing rolling back to XP just in case) and IO cannot save QuickTime to my H (main) drive. I have to save movies to another drive and then copy them over to my main. I have tried to solve my problem like this way hope so this may help you to solve your problems.