Thread: Quick Time not working on 64 bit windows 7

Quick Time not working on 64 bit windows 7

I have just downloaded the new version of the QuickTime Player on my desktop machine which is running 64 bit version of Windows 7 operating system. When I tried to install this new player on this machine then it is showing me message that the installation stop because of an 32 bit error. After clicking in the Finish, It showed me quicktime.exe file and then clicking on this executable file, It shows "please install apple application support".

Re: Quick Time not working on 64 bit windows 7

Yes, Many people are facing this 32 bit version problem running on the 64 bit version of the windows operating system. Actually the latest version of the Quicktime player is a 32 bit version application so it is obvious that it would be showing such errors while running it on the 64 bit version windows machine. I think there is nothing other then Apple application support which can help you.

One more way by which you can solve this problem but for this solution you must be having an enough space on your hard disk to install the VM-WARE which you would be using to install the Clean Version Of Windows 7 32-Bit on which this new version of the Quicktime player would be working without any problem. But the problem is virtual machine needs good amount of RAM. Most probably this should be working on your machine smoothly now.

Installing the virtual machine or dual operating systems on the machine just for running one media player seems bit crazy as it would be better for you to install the 32 bit version of the Windows 7 operating system on your machine which won't be showing much problems for running other applications. Still if you don't want to install the 32 bit version of the Windows 7 on your machine then you just go to this LINK where it says that an even latest version of the Quicktime Player is compatible.

As you have got the message to install an Apple Application support then it is for sure that the quicktime player which you are trying to run on your machine would be running without any problem after installing the Apple Application Support might be helping you with the running the apple's softwares which are just partially supported by your operating system. It might be due to the version of your operating system or due to some other reason.

Quicktime, Free multimedia standard from Apple is not only audio and video files, but also texts and images on the screen dar. With the current version is it finally possible to watch videos in full screen mode. The design is ease of use due to clear. Besides more than 200 audio and video formats such as MPEG (1 to 4), Macromedia Flash, Shoutcast, the program supports Cubic VR 360-degree scenes. Also included: an interface for plug-ins from other manufacturers and DV codec. He is ISO compliant and compressed MPEG 4 video compatible with all Internet bandwidth. Streaming audio and video is Quicktime been a while dar. Like many of his competitors, the player will change his clothes quickly when needed for a new one - by downloading the skins belong to. Exclusive movie trailers in Quicktime format, Apple offers for sale on its Web site.