Thread: Cannot find QuickTime to run iTunes

Cannot find QuickTime to run iTunes

Yesterdays I was trying to run iTunes using quick time player but I am getting an error message again and again that says, “QuickTime was not found”. But I have installed QuickTime player for using iTunes but I don’t know why I am getting this message. I also have checked, in my programs file about this programs file and it show all the files related to QuickTime. If anyone having knowledge on this then please reply me. Any suggestions will appreciate. Thanks in advance.

Re: Cannot find QuickTime to run iTunes

As you have written that you have completely installed QuickTime and have checked related files of it. May be you haven’t rebooted your system after installing this program, and then I think you should restart your computer for once. As per my knowledge when you install any kind program on your computer, then you should reboot it for once, so that it helps your program to perform well. This can help you to solve your issue. I hope this information any help you.

Why don’t you reinstall QuickTime player again on your device, so that it could help you to overcome this problem. May be you have missed some of the essential file of this player during installation or installation which you have done is may be corrupted, because of that iTunes is not running on it. In my recommendation, you should reinstall QuickTime player again, and then try to run iTunes. Many of this kind problems can be solve by just reinstalling programs. If you are having any other query then reply me.
    Last edited by CodGuru; 13-11-2010 at 06:36 PM.

I think you should QuickTime alternative to run iTunes. QuickTime Alternative is an option for QuickTime program; through this you can run iTunes. Using QuickTime alternative you can play QuickTime files and also can run iTunes without installation of QuickTime player. This application is having more advantage than Apple QuickTime that are, it is easy and quick to install, without any background process and also small in size. I think you should go with this to run the iTunes.

I was getting same message while running iTunes, even if I have installed QuickTime player on my machine. Then I tried all the possible solution for this, such as, I reinstalled it again and then rebooted but then also it did not work. Then one of my friends suggested me to give path of the QuickTime files, where it is installed. Then, as suggested I copy all that path where it is installed to my iTunes and surprisingly my iTunes is started to run. I proposed you same solution and I hope this may work for you.

in order for itunes to work is to allow full access to the ENTIRE folder of QuickTime to Administrators, User Name, System, Owner Rights, and the Msiserver. grant permissions to full control. workd for me..hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandhali View Post
    Yesterdays I was trying to run iTunes using quick time player but I am getting an error message again and again that says, “QuickTime was not found”. But I have installed QuickTime player for using iTunes but I don’t know why I am getting this message. I also have checked, in my programs file about this programs file and it show all the files related to QuickTime. If anyone having knowledge on this then please reply me. Any suggestions will appreciate. Thanks in advance.
    quicktime folder...go to start menu

computer
    C drive
    Program Files (x86)
    QuickTime Folder

then see if you have permissions to enter it. if not...u should give permissions to the ENTIRE folders. allow full control with Admisistrators, User name, System, Owner Rights, and the Msiserver, grant full control. this will take time to do so. unless there is a faster way of getting this done. i did this manually myself and got to get itunes to open. took me a while to figure this out since the update. and finally got it to work.