Thread: QuickTime MPEG-2 Playback plug-in issue

QuickTime MPEG-2 Playback plug-in issue

I have purchased the QuickTime MPEG-2 Playback and installed it on my apple MacBook pro 13 it was running on my MacBook without giving any problem. I have installed MPEG-2 Playback near about last two years ago. Now when I have installed it on another system which has Windows Vista installed on it, I am facing the problem to solve it. Does anyone of you have faced such kind of problem on their system, if anyone has the solution to solve this please kindly help me.

Re: QuickTime MPEG-2 Playback plug-in issue

I think you have to go for updating the QuickTime MPEG-2 Playback from your system. To get the updation of QuickTime MPEG-2 Playback please give the version which you are using on your system. Because after getting the version of your QuickTime MPEG-2 Playback it will be simple to search the updation.

As I am using the QuickTime MPEG-2 Playback on my system, but I don’t have the idea to find out which QuickTime MPEG-2 Playback version I am using on my Windows system. Do anyone have the suggestion how could I find the version of my QuickTime MPEG-2 Playback which I have. Any help related to this problem will be appreciated.
    Last edited by Danger Dengue; 13-11-2010 at 05:23 PM.

If you are using the Windows vista on your system you can go to this step to find the information of which version you are using on your system.

Windows Vista
    • From the Start menu, click Control Panel.
    • In Control Panel, click Uninstall a program. The Programs and Features control panel opens.
    • Alternately, in Classic Panel of Control Panel, click Programs and Features.
    • Click the drop-down menu to the right of the Views button and choose Details. Alternatively, select Details from the View menu.
    • Right-click in Column Header and choose More from the shortcut menu.
    • Make sure the Version Box checkbox is selected and click OK.
    • Look for QuickTime MPEG2 and look in the version column for the version number.

If you are facing the same problem with your QuickTime MPEG-2 Playback then you can go to install the fresh QuickTime MPEG-2 Playback for your system. You will get the new QuickTime MPEG-2 Playback from your Apple Support. Hope so this will help you to solve your problem related to the QuickTime MPEG-2 Playback.

I had resolved the above problem. But I have started facing this new problem Do I require the QuickTime Pro for the MPEG-2 Playback Component to work it on my system? Do anybody else have the solution to resolve the related to this problem which I am facing on my Windows system. Any solution associated to this problem will be respected.

I think that the QuickTime Pro is unwanted for the playback MPEG-2 content with the MPEG-2 Playback Component. I think you only require the QuickTime Player and MPEG-2 Playback Component to see the MPEG-2 content. However, if you desire to transcode the MPEG-2 video content in some another format, the QuickTime Pro or any function which built upon the QuickTime export the architecture is essential.

I suggest you must go for the MXF Import QT it is superior to MXF reader for the QuickTime that sustain MXF variations from broadcast media, transcoding, playout devices, and MXF-based software. The MXF Import QT is a flexible solution for the straight conversion-free, real-time MXF right to use and editing the works with the Final Cut Studio and Final Cut Server.