Thread: Fuctionality of Quick Time Pro

Fuctionality of Quick Time Pro

Recently I have heard about the quicktime pro software that is capable of handling any video file and is designed especially for Mac OS. Now the question is that I would want to covert my video files that are there on my system in such a manner that it can be viewed by the iPod and Apple TV, also I would want to merge some files to make them a big video clip. So can I be able to do this with Quick Time Pro. So can any one tell me that does quicktime support this functionality or not. Please give some quick response as I am waiting to buy this software.

Re: Fuctionality of Quick Time Pro

Quick Time Pro is a multimedia framework developed by Apple and is capable of handling almost all the formats of video files. So can you tell me what exactly are the files that you need to convert, can you mentioned in the post. Also please specify which kind of platform are you using that you want to run the QuickTime Player on. There is quite a bit of difference between quicktime player for Mac os and for Windows. QuickTime is available free of charge for both Mac OS X and Windows operating systems you can easily download it. So I would suggest you to go for it and give it a try.

Some of the features that are provided by QuickTime Pro are
    • We can edit clipssuch as we can cut, copy and paste ,merge separate audio and video tracks.
    • We can Save and export files to any of the codecs supported by QuickTime.
    • We can also save existing QuickTime movies from the web directly to a hard disk drive.
    • In addition there are two options available.
    • Save as source – This option will save the embedded video in its original format.
    • Save as QuickTime movie – This option will save the embedded video in a *.mov file format no matter what the original source is.

Friends I am looking to buy the Quick Time Pro for the windows based platform. So is that the functionality which is given in the second post for the QuickTime player defers in case of Windows and Mac OS. If yes than, What are the functionality of the QuickTime Player for Windows OS. Also , I have video files in the following format on my system. mov (from my iphone4), .AVI, .mp4 (AVI files converted via Handbrake for itunes), plus some older low quality files in .3GP and .MPG. So can QuickTime player support this files as I have to edit this to make it comfortable to me.

Hey you can certainly edit the files that you have mentioned using the QuickTime PRO. All you have to do is to Add the file to your iTunes Library and use its Advanced menu to make iPod and Apple TV versions. Also the MPEG file is supported by the QuickTime Player but I am uncertain about the extraction of the audio from the video files as I have never done it before. Save As will place all of the tracks into a .mov container but no export of the file is required. This makes it very fast and doesn't require re-compression of already compressed tracks. So its natural by looking at the above features that Quicktime Pro is certainly a good player to use.