Thread: iCare merged movie files after restoring

iCare merged movie files after restoring

My friend was having some videos on his hard drive which got deleted for no reason. So I used an iCare Data Recovery software to recover those videos and they got recovered, Seems to be going well up to this. But when I played few videos then I noticed strange problem with the recovered files. Initially video that I played was not having any problem but suddenly some other recovered video started playing in between and then again came back to the one that I have played. How these video got merged and how can I solve this issue?

Re: iCare merged movie files after restoring

Possibly the data recovery software that you are using might not have worked properly due to which your data have got merged with each other. I suggest you to use some other alternative software to again recover the same data and then check that they are getting merged or not. Hopefully they should not get merged. I have never seen such problems with the data recovery software but still you should try this. I guess same software won't be able to recover the same space again.

I think there is one more way by which you can get your videos back like they were saved. No matter if your videos are getting merged. I suggest you to change the location of each videos that has been recovered by the iCare Data Recovery. It might be an iCare which is merging these videos when you play it for which it would be using the path where it has recovered the files. I suggest you to play each and every video after changing their location in the different directories or at least in different folders. Using whole different software is not also a bad idea.

It could be the player that might not be working as per expectations. Actually there would be some kind of scripts added to the videos which might be playing video one after another but if your videos are playing inbetween each other then it seems to be bug with the media player that you are using. I suggest you to use some better media player which might not show any issue. You can even use some software that can trim unwanted content added to the video file. I use MPTrim to trim up my mp3 files which removes unwanted file informations from the music file such as album art etc. This helps me to cut down the file size.