Thread: How to set the download location of Safari 5

How to set the download location of Safari 5

Hello everyone, I am using Safari as my default internet browser and is working very fine on my Windows 7 desktop. The problem is that whenever I try to download anything from my Safari Browser it doesn't asks me where should I save the file. It just randomly saves the file in any locations. I would want my Safari browser to ask me where to save the file as I would want to get it saved directly in a particular locations. So can any one tell me how can I make my Safari enable me to this for me.

Re: How to set the download location of Safari 5

I don't think so that there is a option available for all of us who are currently using the Safari 5. The download location is set as default to my documents. I also was using the same web browser and found out there wasn't any possibility that you can change the download location in any case in Safari 5. I think that is the usual bug on the Safari browser that the company has failed to solve. So I think that you should change your browser I you really want to save a file in a different folder. Every time if I want to save the file in different locations I switch my browser to something else.

Yes my friend Safari 5 does not provide us with any kind of options to save a file at some different locations. The setting in Preferences menu only allows you to specify where all files should be saved whenever you download, It does not ask us to save a file a specific locations every time you try to download. I think with Safari coming up with the latest version this kind of the problem should have been solved for its users. The users will now definitely switch to some other browser as they are not having the options which they want.

This is how you can set your download locations in Safari 5.
    • Go to the Safari 'Preferences' window.
    • Click on the heading 'General' tab
    • Choose whether you want to remove download list items manually or automatically.
    • Close the Safari 'Preferences' window.
    • Download any files that you want
    • Open up the Safari Web browser and go to a page with down loadable content.
    • Click on an available link to download the file.
    • Your download will start and must wait for it to get complete.
    • Choose 'Downloads' from the 'Window' menu if you do not automatically see the Downloads window.
    • Locate the downloaded file in the destination that you specified.
    • Open the file by double clicking on it..
    • Now you will be able to manage your downloads in various folders.

Hey as all of the other web browser that asks you to save the file in a location that you want any time you download, I think the Safari browser is short of having this option. I also have a iMac with a Safari browser on it and I am also faced with the same problem. As a web browser I really love Safari as it has all the latest features in it. But since I download a lot of stuffs from the internet I need to constantly organize the files in various folders. With this options not available I find it really difficult to manage them after I download them so I think its better to use different web browser other than safari. I have also sayed good bye to safari and using Firefox now.