Thread: Windows updates changed my email program to Windows Live Mail 2011

Windows updates changed my email program to Windows Live Mail 2011

Hi - My name is Lisa, and I am somewhat computer literate. However, I'm having a problem and can't find out where to go to post my question. My automatic Windows updates changed my email program to Windows Live Mail 2011, and I reallly dislike it. How do I get back to the previous email program? I do not have a restore point to use... I did, but when I tried to use the restore point, it never worked, and eventually the date prior to my update disappeared.

I don't know if any of this makes sense... but I'd be grateful for any help I can get, and perhaps I can return the favor with some other person's issues.

Thanks -

Lisa

Re: Windows updates changed my email program to Windows Live Mail 2011

If you send mails directly via a web browser like internet explorer then here is the settings that can help you. For that run internet explorer and then click on tools menu. Then go in Internet option and click on programs. In that under the email list you can choose your default mail client you want to use. The other way is click on Start > Control Panel > Add Remove Program ( Uninstall a Program if Windows 7) > Set Program Access and Defaults.