Thread: What is the issue with enable-libx264 option in ffmpeg

What is the issue with enable-libx264 option in ffmpeg

Even though FFmpeg and x264 are obtainable in the Ubuntu repositories, you might necessitate to compile commencing source. For illustration, the ffmpeg-user mailing register requires by means of the intention of you utilize the most recent FFmpeg previous to asking for assist. I might in addition like to have the bleeding-edge for programming videos. In addition, FFmpeg in the Ubuntu repository might not sustain or maintain necessary encoders, decoders, and formats. I be familiar by means of my server was FFmpeg server commencing Cirtex. When I endeavor to install a video commencing FFmpeg section in the innovative Video adding function, uploading was OK. The file was productively uploaded and the thumbnail was auto produced. The tribulations is when I endeavor to play from my website it demonstrate "the requested video is not originate" in the screen. I tried copying the libavcode. So to /usr/lib and /usr/local/contain/ffmpeg tranquil not running for me. Anyone be familiar by means of how to fix this predicament.

Re: What is the issue with enable-libx264 option in ffmpeg

The FFmpeg is so significant if you are planning to work a video website by means of streaming with adaptation of video files to dissimilar video formats. This discussion group is planned for Centos/Redhat versions or description of Linux where several novice user be able to install ffmpeg devoid of compiling the source which is a additional traditional method of installing the FFmpeg software on linux servers. In this discussion group I determine to demonstrate you the simple method to install ffmpeg and ffmpeg-php (php conservatory) by means of immediately yum rather than compiling ffmpeg commencing source files. If the whole thing is extremely well, then the installation be supposed to proceed smoothly. If not you determine to get something similar to warning GPG public key missing .

To fix this error, you might necessitate making certain your rpmforge packages well-matched to the discharge of your existing CentOS version or description. You have to create certain the file /etc/yum.repos.d/rpmforge.repo and it be supposed to give the impression of being similar to for Centos 4.6. If you have comprised lines approximating //apt.sw.be/redhat/el5/en/mirrors-rpmforge you might necessitate to create changes to the rpmforge.repos approximating shown. The motivation I was receiving this error was my rpmforge packages was piercing to centos 5 versions or descriptions as an alternative of centos 4.6.FFmpeg-php is a extremely superior extension and wrapper for PHP which be able to pull helpful information in sequence regarding video from side to side API interface. In order to install it you determine to necessitate downloading the source file and then compiling and installing conservatory in your server.

If you had install qt-faststart (not obligatory) This is a helpful tool contained by means of FFmpeg with the intention of rearranges a file by means of H.264 video, "such with the intention of the shift atom is in front of the data, consequently facilitating network streaming". Fundamentally, it permits web movies to start playing previous to they are totally downloaded. Procedure qt-faststart input.foo output.foo. The easiest technique for high superiority video encoding is by utilizing the libx264 presets by means of the intention of are contained by means of FFmpeg. I suggest reading the FFmpeg x264 encoding direct previous to endeavoring these presets so you encompass a superior idea of what to utilize.

The expansion of FFmpeg and x264 is energetic and an occasional update be able to give you innovative characteristic and bug fixes. To bring up to date FFmpeg and x264 you determine to necessitate to eliminate the packages, create distclean, and bring up to date the source, recompile, and install. It not be able to locate the x264 codec. You might necessitate getting an updated description or compiling the source to get it. Your error indicates by means of the intention of the version or description of FFmpeg you are utilizing does not have comprised x264 facilitated. This might be moreover by means of the intention of libx264 is not installed, or it was not facilitated at compile time.

I have encompassed and downloaded x264, ffmpeg and libswscale commencing git, accumulate and install x264 utilizing "enable-shared" and then accumulate and install ffmpeg utilizing the similar alternative as you (excluding libdc1394 and libgsm as I do not have comprised these libraries). The whole thing ended up OK, so I deduction your build is utilizing wrong x264 libraries and/or header files. Set LD_LIBARY_PATH to immediately /usr/local/lib and add the similar directory as the 1st entry in /etc/ld.so.conf. Then run ldconfig and endeavor to build the entire in excess of again ffmpeg (subsequent to working with of course create distclean) If you imagine configure completed a mistake, create certain you are utilizing the most recent version or description commencing SVN. If the most recent version or description fails, report the predicament to the ffmpeg-user at mplayerhq.hu mailing register or IRC ffmpeg on irc.freenode.net. Consist of the log file "config.err" produced by organize as this determine to assist solving the predicament.