Thread: Surveillance software for Open source

Surveillance software for Open source

Does anybody have any idea of free and open source video or camera surveillance software either for Windows or for Linux/Unix? Is there any site or any place where I can find it? Or is there anything else which you can suggest for any store or website or anything? Please send some link or tips or provide some information. Thanks for any and every help….

Re: Surveillance software for Open source

ISpy make use of your webcams and microphones to perceive and record movement or sound and endows with protection, observation, observing and alerting services. Any media which is detained or captured is compressed to flash video and made existing, securely over the web. ISpy can be setup to run on various or on numerous computers concurrently. ISpy is free as you require, open source software, so if you wish it to do something else, please download the source code and modify it to your necessities.

ZoneMinder is a built-in set of functions that offer a whole surveillance resolution permitting capture, analysis, video recording and monitoring of whichever CCTV or protection and security cameras attached to a Linux supported device or machine. It is future to run on distributions which sustain the “Video For Linux (V4L)” interface and experienced among video cameras attached to BTTV cards, a variety of USB cameras and IP network cameras. ZoneMinder as well requires “MySQL” and “PHP”, and is improved by a web server such as Apache.

EyeSoft is well-known as the greatest IP camera software clarification featuring an open source arrangement with hybrid support for multi seller IP CCTV cameras from Axis, Arecont, Panasonic, Samsung, Sony, Pelco Toshiba & many more to USB Webcams, analog imprison cards and IPTV streams. EyeSoft is uncomplicated to utilize and has a trouble-free to handle software interface that is appropriate for the home, power and enterprise user.

My cameras upload images to an FTP server when they see motion. I require an interface to install on that server which will arrange and show the images. I wish to select a date and an hour and see a grid of every images received through that time. Each software I have seen wants to watch the camera 24x7 and record action. This does not work for me because my cameras and server are not on the equal local network.

ZoneMinder is a Linux video camera protection and observation resolution. ZoneMinder is planned for make use of in particular or many camera video security applications, as well as commercial or home CCTV, robbery prevention and youngster, family member or home monitoring and other domestic mind situations such as nanny cam installations. It supports capture, analysis, recording, and monitoring of video data approaching from one or more video or network cameras attached to a Linux system. ZoneMinder also support web and partially automatic control of Zoom cameras using a diversity of protocols. It is suitable for use as a DIY home video security system and for commercial or professional video security and observation. It can as well be included into a home automation system via X.10 or any further protocols.