Thread: "Select all" does not work properly in Outlook web access

"Select all" does not work properly in Outlook web access

I have a lot of emails and most of them are too old and I do not require it. So I have decided to delete them now. But the problem is that I am unable to select them all to delete all of those mails which I do not require. I want some way where I have an option to click on to choose all those mails which appear in front of me to delete them at a time. However, when I click on "select all", instead of selecting all the mails that are present on that page, it selects the entire page which seems to weird. At present I have around 100 pages and so I don't want to go through 100 pages and individually select each mails in order to remove them. I want some shortcut which I can implement to delete those unwanted emails. Is there anyone who can help me? Do you have any solution to this "select all" problem?

Re: "Select all" does not work properly in Outlook web access

What you are trying to achieve is an impossible task. For your kind information, Outlook Web Access is not at all a standalone email client but a webmail. The usual tasks of webmail client are performed through predefined checkboxes, tabs, etc which are present about the message list that appears. There is nothing like select all option in Outlook Web Access which you can find in your Yahoo mail or other email clients. So to remove unwanted messages from your Inbox you have to manually select them one-by-one before and then click on delete to move them to Trash box.

I have a friend who is also running Outlook web access on his computer but he never had this kind of problem. It worked on Firefox without any issue. All he did was copy-pasted the following in the address bar:
    javascript:var f=document.activeElement.childNodes[1].contentDocument;var c=f.all['MsgID'];var i;for(i=0;i<c.length;i++){c[i].click();}

You might be thinking of what does this do; well it will mark all the checkboxes and thus you can move/delete/etc all the messages at once.

Thanks for that but it didn't worked on my computer. I tried it but I have an error message which says "f is undefined." Do you know why this is happening to me? Have I did something wrong or did I missed something important? Is there any other way which I can implement to get things solved? Please help me, I do not want to do manual deletion. It would be a tedious task for me.

If you are unable to do it how I told to you than I would suggest you to open an editor and save the above code into it. Save it as javascript and bookmark it if you want to access it faster. Run this script when you have login to Outlook Web Access and see if that helps. Alternatively you can even use SeleniumIDE plugin to run it again and again for all the 100 pages that you have.