Thread: How to cross-site access to Microsoft Project?

How to cross-site access to Microsoft Project?

I am aware of some basic concepts of Microsoft Project and Project Server. Now I am here, to check how to cross-site access to MS Project and what are the benefits? Also I want to know the minimum requirements and system requirements for Project Server 2010. Can anyone tell me how to project plans for older versions of MS Project in the current format migrate? Actually I know that there are number of queries in one question, but since all are related to each other, I thought that posting all in one post will save time. So please provide me some helpful information. Any other information related to the Microsoft Project and Project Server would be grateful.

Re: How to cross-site access to Microsoft Project?

MS Project, Terminal Server, Citrix MetaFrame for example, or Windows Terminal Server are installed on one. The advantage is that resource-intensive tasks such as updating of the resource pool to accelerate significantly, as they practically run locally now. Moreover, this way you can easily access the Internet on MS Project Setup.
    What are the minimum requirements and system requirements for Project Server 2010
    Project Server 2010 runs on Windows Server 2008 with Service Pack 2 (64bit) or later installed. In addition to install the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is required. As a mandatory Project Server SharePoint Server 2010 requires, it must first be installed. SharePoint Server already required for a test system at least 4 GB of RAM and a production system for at least 8 GB of RAM. We also recommend the use of faster hard drives, for example, SAS with 15,000 rpm or SSD. As a database server for the Project and the SharePoint server, you can use a Microsoft SQL Server 2005 with Service Pack 3 CU3 (only 64bit) or higher. To use the full reporting, you also need the Analysis Services and Reporting Services that are included with the SQL Server.

Project Server 2007, Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 1 (32 or 64 bit) or later installed. In addition, 3.0 is the installation of. NET Framework 2.0 and necessary. The Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 (WSS) is when you run Project Server Setup automatic 2007 installed. The Project Web Access (PWA) is installed in a SharePoint site and can therefore independent of the Windows SharePoint Services installed are not more. You can Project Server in an existing SharePoint installation integrate, in this case, only the Shared Service Provider (SSP) is installed, the Project Server / Project Web Access provides services for the farm then. As a database server for the Project Server and Windows SharePoint Services, you can either a Microsoft SQL Server 2000 with Service Pack 3a or higher and a Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or newer. In order to use the full reporting, you also need the Analysis Services, SQL Server are included.

How to project plans for older versions of MS Project in the current format migrate ?
    MS Project to convert only the format of the previous version the current version. Exception is MS Project 2002, the file format of Microsoft Project 98 supports. MS Project 2000, 2002 and 2003 use the same file format. If more than one version of the program is skipped, so you need each of the intermediate versions. There are also free trial versions available with limited duration, you can use the migration of data for. The import and export functionality of MS Project allows a precise definition of schemas for data exchange. Used here is chosen under File - Open or Save As ... ... in the dialogue following a suitable file type as CSV, TXT, XLS, etc., and then defines the appropriate scheme for the specific requirements.