Thread: Unable to create a folder during the Office 2007 setup

Unable to create a folder during the Office 2007 setup

I am unable to create a folder while doing the setup of Office 2007 on my system. I am getting the error message on my system and I am unable to create the folder. I am using windows on my system. Do anyone have faced the problem of this Error message with Office 2007 on their system. If anyone has the solution to resolve this trouble of error message please suggest me to solve this on my system. Thanking you in Advance.

Re: Unable to create a folder during the Office 2007 setup

I had both Office 2003 as well as Office 2007 on my system and I am using it from last few months on my Windows 7. I didn’t come across with any kind of error message with it. Can you explain or show me what kind of error message you are able to view on your system while using Office 2007 on your system, and which operating system you are using on your computer.

I am facing this error message “Error 1317.Setup cannot create the folder” on my system and I am using windows XP on my computer. I am stated facing this problem form last week before that I used to use Office2007 on my system without any issue. I am not getting why this error message had appeared on my system. Any suggestion related to this will be appreciated.

This error message may occur due to the permission issue to the folder on your windows 7 so you just need to give the permission to the folder which you have created.
    • Whenever this error message come into view on your Windows locate to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu
    • Press Right to the folder and then press the Properties
    • On the property window, press Security tab
    • Press on advanced at the right bottom of your screen
    • Press on alter the permission
    • Press on Add and write everyone and the Press OK.
    • After that Run Office Setup by using the disc or through the installation file.

As you giving the permission to the folder to appear I think you may go for the restore your Windows system to the same installation do the default security settings by following given steps:
    • Open a new Command Prompt:
    • Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then press ENTER.
    • In Windows XP, write the following command, and then click ENTER:
      secedit /configure /cfg %windir%\repair\secsetup.inf /db secsetup.sdb /verbose

You will able to obtain a "Task is completed" message and a warning message that something could not be done. You can ignore the message which is appeared.
    After doing the above given step start your computer and do the below given steps
    • Press Start, select All Programs or Programs.
    • Press Accessories, after that Press Command Prompt.
    • In the Command Prompt window, write net users then click ENTER key. A list of customer accounts will be displayed.
    • For every accountname which is given below in the Command Prompt that is missing from the log on or switch user screen, write the following command after that click ENTER "net localgroup users accountname /add"
    Last edited by CitricAcid; 11-11-2010 at 04:32 PM.