Thread: Program capable of reading the HFS within Windows

Program capable of reading the HFS within Windows

Let me at first explain you the entire scenario here. I on the very first state took the back up of the hard disk and stored it in the second HSF partition. After that I formatted the drive. Till here everything was fine. Now regarding the issue that I have here. Well I was able to get the data back on the drive using the data recovery software and know I really need some help with which I can have the files that are on the HSF read. I probably think that I will be requiring some sort of software to do that. So I just want to know a way by which you can help me in getting the data back. Is there really software that can help me with the same? I will be really glad if that can be done in any manner, but software in that matter will be really appreciated.

Re: Program capable of reading the HFS within Windows

Well you are looking for the software then I think I have brought you the best answer here. I would simply suggest you to go with the Mac Drive 6. By using the Mac Drive 6 you will be able to read or write on the drives that are Mac formatted on the Windows. Well this is the software that I think one can really rely on. The only beauty of this software is that with HFS/HFS drives it is completely seamless. There is nothing extra that you will have to learn so that you should bring it in the action. Well I am also of the opinion that if we can have the software to do the work then why we should take trouble of doing the same manually. Well I have given you the thing that you had asked for and I am of the opinion that it should really help you with your work.

Well I would also suggest you to use the Mac Drive in your case well I have seen some of the issue with the same but I do not think that they were so massive. Actually using MacDrive with Mac formatted disk so that you can travel among a PC and Mac is exponentially more dependable rather than going for the FAT32 drive. Using the Mac Drive Macs and PCs can both natively read and write. I have seen that most of the users have complained that the Mac Drive had crashed there DRIVES but I just want to tell that MacDrive will not damage the drive physically. Usually it is not the fault of the Mac Drive, it does so because it was not properly mounted. I would simply suggest you to go with the proper procedure so that you do not face any trouble in the future.

From the situation that you have explained I think that you will have to have the HP-UX machine as I think that is the only think that can help you at the moment with your problem. Also if not that then I think that the machine from the Solaris or in a better manner a Solaris machine can help you achieve the same. Please let me know what was the Data Recovery Software that you used to get back the data from the drive. I think that some study on the recovery software can help us in getting the control of the situation. Please let me know about the same soon.

To have the data recovery done on the Hard disk I made use of the Mac Data Recovery Software and I do not think that anything wrong happened with that. It was clearly mentioned there that a Mac Data Recovery software can help us in recovering all the lost/deleted that might have been deleted due to unintentional deletion or formatting of HFS, HFS+, HFS Wrapper, and FAT file system volumes. So I think that I did not do anything wrong there. Well I do not want to have the HP-UX machine or the Solaris machine; I think that I will have to be satisfied with the Mac Drive 6. Well I will keep the mounting in mind and then I will go with the procedure. Till then if anyone can come up with other solution then I will be really thankful to you.