Thread: Any similar tool like Norton ghost

Any similar tool like Norton ghost

I have a Apple MAC pro laptop. I want to keep backup of my computer with the help of a any backup software. I heard about a Norton Ghost backup and recovery software. I try this software with my Apple MAC pro laptop. I want to know that is there is a any other similar tools or software like a Norton ghost? If anyone have any idea about it then please reply me as soon as possible.

Re: Any similar tool like a Norton ghost

There are several tools available for disk imaging. You have a MAC Pro laptop then you have to go with Apple's Disk Copy which is free for the user. Apple's Disk Copy tool use to Copy disk image (.dmg, .img) files and self-mounting disk image (.smi) files in Mac OS X. You can create a image file with the help of Apple's Disk Copy tool. To use a disk image file you have to double-click the file's icon. Then a new icon representing the disk (or folder) from which the disk image file was created appears on your desktop and in the Finder.

I think Norton ghost is a best option to create a image of the disk. Norton ghost is a free tools. So it is easily available for the user. You can directly download it through the internet. Working with Norton ghost is easy and you can easily handle this tool. Quality of disk image which is created by Norton ghost is good as compare to other tools. I think you have to go with Norton ghost tool only.

There is a number of Disk image software (like Norton Ghost) are available in a market. Furius ISO Mount, K3b, WinCDEmu are some Free and Open source Disk image emulators software are available. Virtual CloneDrive, Apple's Disk Copy tool are some Freeware software tools are there. Also there is a some Daemon Tools Lite, Alcohol 120%, VirtualDrive Pro Disk image software are available.

Paragon Drive Backup 10 Professional is a one of the tools which is use to create an exact image of your hard disk drive, including XP and Vista operating systems for full restoration purposes. Paragon Drive Backup 10 Professional is much easier to use with simple wizards that can quickly walk you through complex tasks. Paragon Drive Backup 10 Professional can back up to a variety of devices like virtual drive, a portable drive or to a Blu-ray disc.