Thread: Load Safari with Tabs at startup

Load Safari with Tabs at startup

The apple safari is my favorite web browser. I mostly use this browser in my macbook. The greatest feature of safari is you can open several tabs. You can open as many as tabs in a single window for your browsing reference. My question is it possible to save those tabs which I have opened. I need to save the setup of those tabs so that when I restart my computer and open the safari, the safari will automatically load the same tabs which I have opened last time. Is this really possible to do like this? If it can then please tell me how to do this? So that I can save my time. Otherwise I have to browse the history and manually open the page or tab.

Re: Load Safari with Tabs at startup

I don’t think that the safari can capable of loading the previous tabs after the restart of the computer. But some browsers can capable of loading pages which you were currently viewing only when there is an immediate failure or power outage in the computer. There is an alternative task to open all the tabs at once manually. Create a new folder in the Toolbar of the safari and then put all the pages which you want to open in tabs. Then click on that folder. A list appears and at the bottom of the list you will see an option to open tabs. You can open all the tabs at once using the command button on keyboard and mouse click.

As your problem concern you are not much aware about the most of the good features available in the Safari browser. If you had been using this browser from the past then you should have known about it very well. The safari will not load pages automatically unless you specify it manually. For your problem the History option will work well. You might have seen that there is there is a right down menu selection in the History option. In that selection there is a sub-option “‘reopen all Windows from last session”. Click on it, it may open all the pages which you have viewed in the last session.

Many mac users don’t want to leave the safari web browser because of its tabbed browsing feature. The only drawback is there is no quick or shot option to save the opened tabs before closing the application. Yes you can save the page URLs individually in a single folder and then open it in a single click. This is not the time saving task. In order to get or correct some of the additional feature you must download the add-ons. There is one good add-on called SAFT which can solve your issue. It is a safari plug-in. it stores the opened tabs and reloads them when you re-launch the application or restart the system. It also contain several additional feature such as dragging tabs, search bookmark etc. It is a shareware and it is not for free.

I think the old version of safari web browser doesn’t include the feature of restoring the tabs which were viewed in last session. The some other browser can restore the tabs after every restart. Switch your safari browser to the latest version. Otherwise you may go for other browser. I am telling this because there are some add-ons available for this issue. But after installing those plug-ins, the safari get crash or hangs. The latest add-ons do not support the some of the Mac operating System.

The save and restore tabs option useful when the browser crash and the system crash. You can get the website restored on your browser which you didn’t finish yet. There are several ways to do this in safari. Some browser comes with built in restore tab option. For some you will need to download the plug-ins or extension like the one for safari. There are nearly 6 popular plug-ins to restore the tabs and they are.
    Glims, Saft, SafariStand, SafariTabs, SafariRestore Extension, Tabs Safari Extension
    All these Plug-ins are related to the same topic. You can check any one of these.