Thread: Installation of java in my personal desktop computer

Installation of java in my personal desktop computer

I am doing a computer software course.I heard about a JAVA. So i am interested to understand this software. I want to install a JAVA in personal desktop computer. I don't have an idea about this software. How can i install this JAVA in my computer? If anyone have any idea about it then please reply me as soon as possible.

Re: Installation of java in my personal desktop computer

Before going to install JAVA in your personal desktop computer you have to first check all the requirement which needed to install java software.

System Requirements for java are as follows:-

Java SDK Standard Edition, 1.4.2 is supported on i586 Intel and 100% compatible platforms running Microsoft Windows, Intel and 100% compatible processors, Pentium 166MHz or faster processor with at least 32 megabytes of physical RAM is required to run graphically based applications, At least 48 megabytes of RAM for applets running within a browser using the Java Plug-in, around 200MB required for any of the installation types for the JRE or SDK.

If you want to install java in your personal desktop computer then you required to install some software in your personal desktop computer. First you have to install Java Plug-in software and the Java Virtual Machine components which you get combine in Java download file. Java Plug-in software and the Java Virtual Machine components needed to run the Java technology based applets in a web browser. Then you have to install Java Web Start software which simplifies launching and running web-based programs that use Java technology based software.

You can easily download and install JAVA software in your personal desktop computer. JAVA is totally free for the users. You can directly downloads the java installer file from the Internet. You just have connected to the Internet during the installation. Also You can directly install java setup file in your personal desktop computer like a simple installation. You can run Java program on Windows, UNIX, Linux etc.operating system. For that you need a Java run-time environment installed in your computer system.

First you have to decide for what purpose you have to install java software in your computer system. There is a two different type are available to install JAVA for different purpose. SDK (Software Developers Kit) and JRE (Java Run-time Environment) are two type which are use to run JAVA program. If you want to write your own Java programs that you can compile and run, then you must install the SDK(Software Developers Kit). f you just want to be able to run a Java program that has already been compiled then you have to install JRE (Java Run-time Environment).