Thread: Need help applescript adding batch file extension

Need help applescript adding batch file extension

Satisfactory I’ve get an application which need the mp3s to have an .mp3 extension intended for it on the way to read them. On the other hand a huge number of the mp3 files in my music directory almost 1000 of songs do not contain the .mp3 extension. A number of perform moreover a number of do not, they're each and every one mixed simultaneously. How can I get the finder on the way to open a folder as well as do the following: If it's a folder,then leave it unaccompanied, but if the file previously have a .mp3 extension, leave it unaccompanied in addition to if the file do not contain a .mp3 extension, add single to the end of the filename. I'm actually not each and every one so as to good at applescript as well as it would be a misuse of time for me to add .mp3 manually to each and every file. I'm in mac os x running 10.1.3.

Re: Need help applescript adding batch file extension

I too have this similar trouble so I use a application known as file renamer from version tracker and this will add .mps extension to all the files. But it is not useful because it would add .mp3 to each and every one folders as well as to each and every one files that already had a .mp3. It appears to work but it does not fall down into subdirectories inside the folders.

The trouble by means of doing recursive obsession is if there's alias name, or if there's a group of nested folders. Usually I attempt to keep away from recursive things to facilitate do this type of thing, especially since you can't undo it if you by coincidence tell the script to perform the wrong thing. How many folders do you have? Is it a small number of sufficient to presently run the script a group of times in each one folder?

Thank you for your valuable suggestion but I have been seemed to be looking for a script so as to would perform this job for a pair months at this moment .If no more than I have a good quality immediately frontward applescipt guide with the intention of just give the commands as well as an example instead of than each and every one in the tutorials. As a result I might gain knowledge of myself to do that stuff.Possibly you might facilitate me with a trouble in your modified script: subsequent to renaming approximately 20 songs, applescript crashes.

Just a quick and easy way to get solution to your problem. Just run the attached applescipt to get rid of your issue.Choose a group of files in the Finder furthermore run the script. It will add.mp3 to whichever selected files that not have a name extension. Please make a note of that there is no simple method to undo this.
    Attached Files Attached Files

One actually simple means to perform it is to make use of Automator. Present there are many way to go with reference to it in Automator, depending on what workings most excellent for you. One method to perform it is to make use of two Finder actions:
    1) inquire for Finder
    2) Rename Finder Items and Replace Text in Finder Item Names
    At what time you run it, choose the items you wish for to change moreover that's it. on the other hand, you might restore inquire for Finder Items by means of Get Specified Finder Items as well as specifically drag plus drop the whole thing you desire to modify correct into the window.

I’ve approach awake by means of something so as to saves me fairly a bit of bother. It make use of the free command-line interface of Handbrake called HandbrakeCLI, in addition to capable to change each and every one videos as of specified extensions (ex. avi and mkv) to somewhat that is a bit further extensively supported (ex. MP3). Each and every one you have to do is position it to a directory furthermore it will start change all matching videos one-by-one.