Thread: Not able to Locate Default Icons

Not able to Locate Default Icons

Hi friends, I want to know whether where are System/Default icons located. I want to locate the default icons and I want to do changes with it. Do you know where these icons can be found? I don’t have the any knowledge from where the default application icons can be accessed. If they are hidden then what can I do to unhide them. Also where are they exactly located? Any idea about it. Please help me to locate the Default icons.

Re: Not able to Locate System/Default Icons

What kind of icons you want to locate, there are many other icons such as applications icons like IChat’s icon or Preview Icons. These icons are located inside the application file itself. It is literally a folder that acts to be the application. What you want to do is to just right click on the application, in that select the Show Package Contents. You will now have the new folder with the contents of the application. Now you will get the application icon along with the other application icons which is specific. It is very complicated to make the changes to the icons. There are strict guidelines for the icons like size, color, format and many other things. We are not able to drop the older TIFF in place of the system TIFF. If you want to do more changes with the icons then you have the search to Google to know more about it.

Re: Not able to Locate System/Default Icons

If you want to have the icons locations, just get information on the drive. Now click icons on the current windows, in that go to the File menu of the function bar and then click Cut. The Icons of the System are located here: go to the System, in system go to the Library options, in Library go to the Core Services option, after that go to SystemIcons.bundle, in that click to the Contents, in contents go to Resources. You will have the icons with you.

Re: Not able to Locate Default Icons

I had the back up of my icons at elDiabloConCaca web site. I downloaded the candybar from the web. After that I installed it, it is really cool and very application to use. If you want to enjoy with the icons then change every time you required. This is the very easy way and also the safest way for doing the changes to the icons. The functionality of the candy bar makes the backup of the stock system icons for the first time when we use it. It is the easiest solution to make the changes to the icons. Also most of the icons are hidden in the contents of the APP package.