Thread: Which Is The Best Optical Character Recognition Application?

Which Is The Best Optical Character Recognition Application?

I have been using the Windows operating system and also the Linux operating system along with it. I have installed the Linux in an other drive and been using Linux for performing some of the programming that I wanted for some application and this application uses this type of programming only. I also wanted to scan images from my computer and convert it in to machine language or a type written or and hand-written code. For performing this process I wanted one of the best OCR's to be used. Please suggest the one which would be in best for my use.

Re: Which Is The Best Optical Character Recognition Application?

You can use the Clara OCR program. It has a features having both a powerful GUI for the X Window System, and also a good Web interface. The Web Interface is one of its type which is able to collect data that is of importance from the Internet, and is also using revision module which is quite simple. It known for it to facilitate fine- tuning, and also an optical recognition project is enabled so that it can invest resources in tuning the OCR, which can be used in order to achieve better recognition results.

Then you have got the Tesseract-OCR which has been originally developed by the Hewlett Packard and which is being now sponsored by Google. It has got a special feature of reading the binary and gray or also with regard the color image and the output text which is being used at the end of the scanning of the image. The machine is known for its accuracy and also the best of the performance while it is being used for the scanning of the images.

Then coming on the next type I can give you an other option of PrecisionID OCR Font Package. This consist of the two OCR formats of fonts which is called the OCR-A and also the OCR-B. This types are being used for the PostScript format. It has got the feature of supporting the ISO and also the ANSI which is having the size of 1, 10CPI. Some the above fonts that have been described can be used for the purpose of Euro-banking. The installation is also easy and an easy set-up file is being set-up for this purpose.

Other option is that you can use the interim that is being used in the Windows XP which will help your machine to support both the scanning and then the OCR work via AABBY Fine Reader. This specification is specially given to you because you have told me that you have been using the Windows XP along with your Linux. And this should be the preferable and also the satisfying for you, because the only reason is that you are using the Windows based machine along with the Linux Operating System.

The best to be given out of the box solution for the OCR to be used is Watch OCR. It is having a liveCD distro which has got the only purpose that is the OCR. In this at the first you got to put your images in a directory called the watch directory, and then a little script is being used which is used for converting them into search-able PDFs. Then With some tweaking,it can be made possible to save the text as well as the search-able PDF. And for OCR it uses Cuneiform, and the layout analysis is done with the help of the Exact Code. It's presumably possible to get Cuneiform and Exact Code installed on the system that you are currently working in.