Thread: Need Stuffit Expander for .SEA Format

Need Stuffit Expander for .SEA Format

Previously I was running a very old operating system which is system 7.5.3 in fact; I am running it under an emulator. I am wedged in a cruel chicken and egg cycle, where I require stuff it expander to unlock .sit files that I download, other than when I download stuffit expander, it is in the .SIT format. Catch 22. A very annoying one too, For the reason that I am not able to discover a .sea format wherever on the world wide web, which is pretty big. I acquainted with that it is exist, for the reason that I established it about a year back when I installed Basilisk on my additional computer. Most likely I require version 5.5. Any assist is appreciated.

Re: Need Stuffit Expander for .SEA Format

Here I think that if it is in .sea format not in the .sit format then it is a personally Extracting Archive that is, it should be an executable program which will take out Stuffit when double-clicked. Obviously, it has to be a system 7 well-matched executable, which may be tricky. By the way an emulator? Do you signify the Classic environment?

Here I want to say you sorry to rupture your bubble, but you are not able to expand .sea files from what you are utilizing. I do not believe .sea files are well-matched with your OS version I believe you require at least 8.5. Sorry buddy. I just want to ask you that why not you attempt PearPC as suggested by the previous user. In fact with the recent version of Mac os? So I will suggest you that just go for this. Otherwise take a dip and switch.

I am also facing this and here I want to tell you that it is really very much annoying. And I have read the previous reply and related to this I just want to say that you have apoint. And also very valid one on that. I did supervise to discover a .sea version of stuffit, but to no able to get that, as my operating system did not able to distinguish it. But I have completed this before in the past, I just forgot how. So related to this if you have any solution then tell me.

After reading this I will suggest you that first you get the information on the related file on which you are asking and after this you just "Get Info" on the file and observe if Operating System windows 7 still knows it is an application. And in this if you are not able to then you just change it with the ResEdit or something related to this. So if you want then you can go through this and I hope this will help you.

If your Operating System installation has Apple script editor, you were able to modify the file's creator type that way I do not be acquainted with if your emulator permits you to move files between windows & Mac OS, other than you were able to also almost certainly unzip the .sea file with a Windows version of stuffit expander, then you just move it back. Although you may be once again have the creator type issue.