Thread: Windows live essentials 2011 update popup problem

Windows live essentials 2011 update popup problem

I have a desktop machine which is been working with Windows 7. The problem that I am facing is with the Windows update. I have activated the Windows update and always get a popup or message for Windows Live Essential 2011 (kb2434419). The question is do I really need to update this. Is it necessary. I am working with older version an I have no issue with it. Please suggest me for the thing. Hope to get the solution.

Re: Windows live essentials 2011 update popup problem

I would suggest you to download the update and then make the installation well with the same. As per this a seven digit KB's is genuine. Also the update may be helpful well to work with certain features of Office 2007/2010. You have to look out for the feature that will be helpful. So it is all upto you whether you need to update it or work as needed. The older version will do but I would suggest to get the latest one as it may have more features and functionality.

Windows Live Essential 2011 has very good features and you can work well with it. Most of the addons are been integrated which will be helpful. Some of the highlights of this is given as below:
    • One of the best feature that the Facebook Chat is been integrated within a messenger
    • It has a Geo tagging feature which can be used in photo gallery with Bing maps being integrated
    • Also direct uploading video to Flickr is possible
    • The video chat with messenger uses only 30% of CPU resources by offloading it to GPU
    • You get higher bit rates in Movie Maker
    • You get a better spell checker and office intergration with writer
    • Gmail support is been improvised

The above features suggests how useful is the new updated pack.

This is basically a newer and advanced version of Windows Live package. This consist of stuffs like messenger, movie maker, windows live mail etc which may be or may not be useful to you. That depends what you basically use it for. It is not much needed. An older version will do so. If you need or work with such features which is been integrated with the new pack then you can work well with the same and process as needed. I am sure this will be helpful for you if you use it to the optimum. If you do not use much of it then its just for customization.

It depends on your needs and what you use it basically for. The system requirements for the application is been given as follows:

1. You should have minimum 1GB of RAM memory
    2. The processor speed should be more than 1.6 GHZ
    3. A graphic card that should support DirectX 9 and shader model 2
    4. Windows 7 32 or 64 bit version will do
    5. It requires a high speed Internet connectivity for best navigation. A moderate speed will also do.
    6. The screen resolution must be 1024 × 576 resolution atleast

The above are the requirements and some of other requirements which is optional and according to the need is given as below:

1. For Windows Live Mesh it needs minimum of OS X 10.5 or newer
    2. For prolong performance you may need a webcam for Windows Live messenger and a high speed internet access
    3. Also for Windows Photo gallery and the Windows Movie Maker it would require an edge of DirectX 9

Look out for the above.

The above post information will be helpful and may let you to know what is it actually needed for. If you need the advance feature for the same then go for the update and make it install as per the system requirement. This will be helpful for you. So function as needed. Am sure this will let you to get to a proper ailment and fulfill it. Older version will do if you do not need any of the feature.