Thread: Microsoft Office desktop icons shifted after I modify and save them

Microsoft Office desktop icons shifted after I modify and save them

I have Microsoft Office 97- 03 on my system. Whenever I used to move or modify or save the file of MS-Office file on my desktop. The icons of the file get shifted. If I open the files and don’t save the same file nothing gets happens, but when I modify and save the files they moved to far left aligned with other icons. They do not seem to be a temp or hidden files they only just moved to extreme left on the desktop. When I need to modify and save the files, it stays in the upper right corner area. I can’t aware of this problem if anyone of you have gone with this please suggest me the proper solution to solve this problem.

Re: Microsoft Office desktop icons shifted after I modify and save them

I have solution for both Windows XP as well as Windows 7 along with me. If you are using anyone one of then you can go for this solution to solve your problem.
    • Switch off the “Auto Arrange” option for symbols on the desktop, and then place the symbols on the desktop where you need.
    • Windows 7
      Press Right on a vacant area on the desktop and choose View and uncheck the Auto arrange icons.
    • Windows XP
      Press Right on a vacant area on the desktop, and then press Arrange Icons. Press the command that specify how you want to place the icons, uncheck the Auto Arrange.

I had only faced this trouble with MS Office 2003 as well as 2007. When I used to modify any MS-Office file, it generate a "hidden" and a temp file with a ~. that ~ file commonly suppose the arrangement of the corresponding symbol and sends that symbols to the Left position of the desktop. To stop those ~ from showing up, go to Control Panel >> Folder Options >> View Tab >> choose "Do not show hidden files and folders" under the Hidden Files and Folders option.

I have gone to the same problem of the MS-Office on my system. I had gone with the clean boot of the windows XP. If you are unable to solve your problem you can go for the clean boot to your system. I hope these will you to resolve the problem of MS-Office from your system. To get the help for the clean boot for your system you can go for the Microsoft Support.

I am also facing the same problem with windows 7. Whenever I used to modify or save the office file on my desktop it gets shifted from one side of the display to another side. So if you have resolve the same kind of problem please suggests me. This problem is occurring on my system from last week I am really getting very annoying with this problem.