Thread: How to install two toolbar in windows7?

How to install two toolbar in windows7?

Hello friends I have just recently upgraded to windows 7 from windows xp , as we all know that we can can make a second task bar on windows xp by just dragging the "my Computer" icon towards one of the sides of the screen and immediately a second toolbar was created with all the "my Computer" data on it. So the question is how to make a second tool bar on windows 7, can any one suggest me with this.

Re: How to install two toolbar in windows7?

Hey in windows 7 there is no drag and drop way to make a second toolbar. Instead it directly has an option to make a second toolbar. Here is how you can do this.
    • Right click an empty area on the desktop
    • Click Toolbars
    • Click New Toolbar...
    • After selecting the new toolbar a dialog box comes that allows you to choose what folders do you want in the new toolbar.Select Computer (on Left hand side)
    • Finally, Click Select Folder

Thats it , this is how you can make a second toolbar on windows 7.
    Last edited by Eric B; 09-11-2010 at 09:11 AM.

The windows 7 really has a lot of new features that allows the user to do so many new things that they might have not think about it. Clearly it is the advanced version of windows xp so all the faults and bugs that were there inside windows xp are been sorted out in windows 7. In windows 7 if you want to make a second toolbar you can do it using the following
    1. Right click an empty area on the desktop
    2. Click Toolbars
    3. Click New Toolbar.
    4. After selecting the new toolbar a dialog box comes that allows you to choose what folders do you want in the new toolbar.Select Computer (on Left hand side)
    5. Finally, Click Select Folder

hello friends I am running dual monitors in extended mode and I would like to have an independent taskbar on each of them ie one taskbar for one screen. I can move the taskbar back and forth between the 2 monitors, but not stretch it across both or have one on each. I would like to have a taskbar full of quicklaunch buttons on one monitor and a taskbar of running program icons on the other monitor. Is this is possible ? If yes than some please suggest me with a perfect solution for doing this. It would be very thankful for whoever who comes up with the correct solution.

Hey I was also thinking of the same thing and wanted to have two toolbars one each on my dual monitors. After going through so many sites in searching a perfect solution I did got one. This is what I did to have an independent toolbar on each screen.The thing is that if you want to have an independent toolbar on two screen than you should also have the latest driver for it.I used the ATI Dualhead and then just dragged/dropped the Quick Launch toolbar to the bottom edge of the second monitor. After that I saw that, there was a title bar that was on the second monitor which I moved closer to the first monitor edge. It was then that I discovered a toolbar that extends the entire width of the second monitor. You can also try this and see if it works for you or not

Hey I would like to suggest you that you should just create a new toolbar and put the applications you want on it and then drag that toolbar off the taskbar and put it at the bottom of the second display. This will allow you to have a separate task for the second display that you are currently having. Also, it is recommend to use UltraMon software which will help you manage the options and applications that you want on the taskbar specially while using two taskbar on two different screens. This is the two options available to you and you can make use any of them to solve your issue