Thread: "Sending and Receiving" reported error(0x80042108)

"Sending and Receiving" reported error(0x80042108)

I have installed Windows Vista on my computer system and I am getting an error when I configure an Outlook Express then I am getting an error as follows.
    Sending and Receiving' reported error(0x80042108):'Outlook is unable to connect to your incoming(POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider(ISP).'
    Is there anybody who would be having any such error, How can I solve this error?

Re: "Sending and Receiving" reported error(0x80042108)

These error messages may occur if Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Outlook Express can connect to your mail server. These error messages are frequently caused by one of the following:
    • You are not connected to the Internet or a network or your mail server is temporarily unavailable.
    • Your account settings are incorrect.
    • Your Outlook user profile is damaged.
    • A mail item on your POP3 server is damaged.
    • The configuration of your AV software is incorrect.
    • Outlook Express has been removed from the computer or the installation is corrupted.
    • The configuration of your software personal firewall is incorrect.

It might happen that your system is not getting the proper connection of an internet due to which your outlook may show such errors. I suggest you to disable an internet connection and then enable it again which might solves this problem. If not so then you should contact to your Internet Service Provider as soon as possible before which you have to make sure that there is something wrong with an internet connection.

It has been seen that the firewall can also be the reason for sending or receiving an emails by using an Outlook Express. I suggest you to disable the Windows Firewall of your operating system and then check your outlook which might show such problem after disabling the firewall. You have to go the Control Panel where you would be having an Icon for Windows Firewall of which you have to change the settings.

As you have not mentioned the version of an outlook express that you have installed on your windows system. Actually there is some setting you need to do which can also help you to get rid of this error. Now the path to change this setting varies according to the version of an Outlook Express but you may search for the same in your version.
    • Start Outlook Express.
    • On the Tools menu, click Accounts.
    • Click the Mail tab.
    • Click your POP3 account, then click Properties.
    • Click the Advanced tab.
    • Gradually increase the timeout settings on the server until the problem is resolved.

Though there could be many reasons behind the appearance of this error which you are getting while sending or getting the mails from your outlook. I suggest you to check about the same thing from the Safe Mode of the Windows Operating system which might not show this error. You have to reboot your system and then keep on pressing the F8 key which will take you to the Windows Booting Options where you can select for the Safe Mode.