Thread: Excel 2007 macros have disappeared

Excel 2007 macros have disappeared

I have a little trouble, I made macros in Excel. and before yesterday I wanted to use this file but got an error. It says:
    "Error 1919. Error while configuring ODBC data source MS Access Database. Error ODBC 13: Unable to load the library system or converter. Verify that the file MS Access Database exists and that you are allowed to access.

There have also odbc visual fox pro tables; dbase files-word, visual foxpro odbc files.

error input/output device.
    lost visual basic project
    ActiveX controls lost"

And suddenly, I can not use any programs. I thought that the un-installation if Excel 2007 and re-installation of the same but it did not work. I even installed Office 2003 but still the same problem. Could you help me to use my programs that I need?

Re: Excel 2007 macros have disappeared

The message indicates that ODBC has a problem. This may be a problem of "References." This may come as ODBC. Now ODBC does not depend on MS Office, but also Windows. Go into the Control Panel to see if ODBC works well. I think there are also "services" for ODBC or ActiveX. See if they are not stopped. Running a "sfc / scannow" in a command window is probably a good thing to do, because it checks and repairs system problems.

Hello, I went to the Control Panel to see ODBC and saw it marked as full error. How can we make a command window? Is it in ms-dos? The files was on a USB key, I put it on another computer and it puts the same "error input / output device." And I use the Excel in Windows vista. In addition, I've worked out on this file when I had access, the most important was this month. This is really frustrating me a lot. What can I do in your opinion?

Yes a "command window" is nothing but an MS-DOS compatibility box. But the word "MS DOS" is no longer used, so everyone says "command window" instead, but it's the same thing. It opens up different ways. For example, click the Start button, then "Run" and "cmd.exe." I hope that the USB drive is used only for file transfer, but you do not open the files directly on the drive because the USB drive is a device subject to change. Since you are getting ODBC marked as full error on Control Panel, it clearly indicates the cause of the problem. But maybe the problem is the following ODBC problem of input / output device, which is the lowest level, and should be treated first. I'd try a running anti virus of MBAM, a "sfc / scannow", a return to previous restore point, cleaning the registry with ccleaner or other tool, a reinstallation of Windows.

I was hoping to retrieve the macros. Even if it does not work, is it good to avoid retyping all the text that I do not remember. Logically macros should be written somewhere in order to get them back? Isn't it? You think it is a virus? How it could be infected as I use the computer and internet connection is mostly off and nothing but the USB key that fits on this computer. Knowing that this key does not block and if it moves (can be 3 times a year), it is automatically checked by an antivirus which is updated regularly. In summary, you advise me to do a good format and reinstall everything?