Thread: Windows Parallel system vs VMWare Fusion

Windows Parallel system vs VMWare Fusion

I am running windows on mac and I know as there are these(VMWare Fusion and Parallels Desktop ) are the two options to run windows and windows applications on Apple Mac computer. I just want to know which one is better as i want to install one of this application in order to run windows program on my iMac.Please let me know if you have any suggestion regarding to this. your suggestion would be appreciated. Thank you in advance for your suggestion.

Re: Windows Parallel system vs VMWare Fusion

I am a estate agent and I am force to use windows application on my Mac in order to be able to access our mls system and contract writing application. Boot camp is not an option to me as it can not run windows and Mac xo x side by side. Fusion have high security which prevents some of the tools and Parallels like coherence mode which make it more productive desktop option. I have tried both Parallels and fusion to get my requirements and parallels is the winner according to me. It run windows xp much faster then Fusion on my macBook. I have to update my home imac to fusion as I want to run vista on it, vista run too slow on parallels as compare to fusion.

I am using Bootcamp to run windows program on my mac computer but it does not allow to run windows programs along side by side with other mac programs. So I uninstalled and installed Parallels Desktop to run windows xp program. YOu need to purchase a licensed version of windows xp or vista to use it on mac with these programs(Fusion and Parallels Desktop). Windows xp is running fin eon parallels so I install vista on my brothers mac computer but vista is running to slow on Parallels Desktop. so I installed Fusion just to see how vista will run on it and as compare tom parallels desktop vista runs faster on fusion.

Parallels has a nice features that will allow you to assign any file to automatically open in windows program instead of mac program.And I am having Parallels Desktop inside my imac.But both fusion and Parallels desktop allows you to run full windows desktop on your mac or in full screen mode.On the other hand both of these programs allow to float windows program on their own so that they just seem like Mac programs. Both allow you to fetch and save files from folders which are already on mac. Both of them supports copy and paste between Mac and windows programs.

Wine is a program that lets you to run windows application without windows operating system. It is completely free and legal source. Today's windows and mac are running together very well. Using bootcamp you can install windows and mac side by side and switch between them. But you will need to boot everytime and you will be able to use only one application at a time. Parallels Desktop can also be used to virtualize windows and run it along with Mac but the disadvantage is that visualization is slow and it takes up a lot of memory. But wine is different when it runs it request for resource such as memory and disk space from operating system.

Running windows application on a mac using Virtualization tools is not as fast as compare to bootcamp. It allows you to share documents and drag and drop the files between mac and windows os. When you compare parallels and VMware then there are a lot of perameters to consider. Virtualization is a complex technology and software functions different under different test scenarios.

For myself I am using new released version of VMware Fusion and you can virtually do all the things through Fusion that you can do with Parallels. Installing windows Os on Mac is not an simple task but using windows install feature in
    VMware Fusion you can easily install windows OS. You just need to answer few questions and then insert windows installation CD—VMware Fusion would create a windows virtual machine that is optimized for Mac. It can use full 16 Gb memory to let you to run a big number of virtual machines at similar occasion