Thread: Unable to open new file while working in Word on Mac

Unable to open new file while working in Word on Mac

I use to work with word document on my Mac OS which I normally use for creating word files. But I am facing problem while working with it, I am able to work fine on new word document but when I am trying to open another file by going through “Open” menu option. I am not able to open the new document and getting spinning rainbow wheel like thing after which program stops responding any action. To come out of this issue I have to “Force quite” after which I am able to work properly but this thing appear again open I try to attempt same thing.

Re: Unable to open new file while working in Word on Mac

I think there is issue with the word application which you are using on your Mac OS. I think now time for you to move to the latest Mac Office 2008 for your system this is the latest application using which you can efficiently work on the word documents. This provide you with the compatibility of word documents in your Mac system, this will be the ultimate solution of your such problem with word file while opening file file. Let me know if you are getting similar problem after having Mac Office 2008 on your system.

I think this can be the compatibility issue or you have not install the word application properly on your Mac system. So i think you should look for more compatible application and install it properly. I think you should go for the application suggested in above post that will be compatible with your Mac system and let me know your problem got solved or not.

If you are not able to open new file while working in word i think you can try to use TextEdit for opening the word documents. I think using TextEdit you will be able to resolve your issue regarding opening new document while you are working with the current word file. I think this application will be beat to resolve such issue and you need not to "force quite" to continue working with word.

I was facing somewhat similar problem while working with the word documents in my Mac OS but i resolved the issue by moving to OpenOffice which is compatible with Mac OS X and works great with it. It provide you with word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, graphics, and databases components which you can use to work with your word documents or any other kind of project. I think you are running latest Mac OS version so that it will be compatible to work, so let me know if you have solved your word problem.