Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2010

Microsoft Office Live Meeting on Macbook

I was trying to be a part of the meeting with the Honeywell Global Data Center which uses the Microsoft Office Live Meeting for this purpose. Now the problem is that I am using Macbook which does not seems to be easily compatible with the Mac OS X. At the end I have to use my phone which was bit expensive for me. Is there any other way by which I can use Microsoft Office Live Meeting from my macbook without any problem?
Old 04-11-2010

Re: Microsoft Office Live Meeting on Macbook

I think you have to use the bootcamp which lets you install the Windows operating system on your Mac OS X. And Microsoft Office Live Meeting is perfectly compatible with the Windows operating systems. So I suggest you to install the Windows OS on your macbook so that you can use the Windows OS on your macbook whenever you need to use the MS Live Meeting.
Old 04-11-2010

If you want to use the Microsoft Office Live Meeting on your Macintosh computer system then your macbook must be having the following minimum system configuration which are asked by the MS Live Meeting:
  • Mac OS 10.2 or later
  • Microsoft Internet Explorer for Macintosh 5.1 or later or Safari 1.0 or later
Due to the limitations of the Java virtual machine, Mac OS 9 version or earlier then that are not supported for the Microsoft Office Live Meeting.
Old 04-11-2010

If you connect to a Live Meeting via an SSL (Secure Socket Layer) using a Web address beginning with HTTPS, you must use the following configuration:
  • Safari 1.0 or later
  • Java for Mac, version 1.4.2_05
If you have problems when you connect to a Live Meeting session by using an SSL connection and you use a proxy server, a configuration conflict between it and the Macintosh computer may result. Try to bypass your proxy server by connecting directly to the Live Meeting session.
Old 04-11-2010

Office Live Meeting Web Access (MWA) is an substitute Java for MS Office Live Meeting service users who are not able to install or run the Windows meeting client on their computers just because their system runs an operating system which is not compatible with the Windows meeting client such as Linux or Apple Macintosh.
Old 06-11-2010

Office Live Meeting Web Access is a program based on an applet that runs on any Java runtime environments listed below. MWA does not require installing any files. However, the initialization of the application sharing on an Apple Macintosh using Office Live Meeting Web Access requires the installation of a component application sharing.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , ,