Thread: unable to open accdb files in openoffice

unable to open accdb files in openoffice

Hi i am using the open office from the last few days and found that i am not able to open the accdb files. The thing here is that if i try to open any such file than it gives me error such as file format not supported. Please help me to solve this problem. And due to this i am not able open many of the important database files. If possible than also let me know why i am getting such error, is there is a mistake in the installation of the open office. Please help me out of it i am frustrated a lot.

Re: unable to open accdb files in openoffice

The file that you are trying to open is not a proper file or may be the corrupted format. The file that you are trying to open is not supporting. If any file is corrupted than you have to just try and remove that file because it may happen that it will affect the other files also. Is this a problem that you are facing with all the files or with only one file. If with only file than you have to delete that file. I hope that this will help you to get rid of this problem.

It seems to me that the file that you are trying to open is not compatible with the open office.the thing here is that if you try and open the file that is not compatible on your system than the system tends to give such errors. So what you have to do here is that just try and change the file format and open the same file with any other software. I am not sure whether it will help you but if there is no option then you have try this thing.

If you are not able to open any particular file in open office than you have to install the MDB Viewer Plus software on to your system. What it will do is help you to open that particular unsupported file format.The MDB Viewer Plus is the freeware viewer and editor in this you can view and edit the files simultaneously. But the fact is that you have to make sure whether the software is compatible on your system and then try to install the software. I hope that after installing the software it will enable you to open the accdb files.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that the open office that you have installed. It happens that if it is not updated regularly then it tends to give such errors. The thing here is that you have to uninstall the current open office that you are using and then install the other new and updated version. And then try to open the file i am sure that it will help you to open the accdb files this time.