Thread: Problems In Printing Open Office Excel Sheet

Problems In Printing Open Office Excel Sheet

I have been using the Microsoft office tools since long time and had no issues at all. But the problem is that recently just I have downloaded an open office spreadsheet software but the problem is that whenever I try to take the print of the spreadsheet it does not takes the print. I had also tried to take the print preview but still it is not working, then i tried out various links so that i can get various options for printing the spreadsheet but in vain, I was enable to get the solution for the printing for the spreadsheet. Please give me a solution for this as I cannot take the printout of whatever works that I have done in the spreadsheets.

Re: Problems In Printing Open Office Excel Sheet

If your not able to see the print preview then you got change the page format. The changing of the page format will help you to see the print preview of the page. When you open the page format the default setting you got to change to correct page size which id typically said to be typically A4 21.0cm x 29.7cm or the Letter form of the size of 21.59cm x 27.94cm / 8.5 x 11.0 inches. Try doing this the problem of the printing should be solved for you.

The other thing that you can try is that you can check out the printer setting and also the type of the paper that is being used. The following actions can be performed for seeing the printer option being selected perfectly or not:
    • Whenever you are trying to print the manual section or your trying to print in the print range option you have to choose the page range in that go to the page selection option and then select the option in to the export to pdf file.
    • Then if you want to select some sheets for printing then you can select the sheets before opening them to the print option.

By doing this you can also change the orientation of the page set-up then you can go and try the page preview option then it will be displayed properly in that.

The solution for the above problem was perfect and just by changing the page preview the problem of the printing was solved out. But I have also got one more problem that is with the printer type when I give the command using the Open Office Calc on HP Laser Jet the fonts appear to be getting small which is not properly visible and causing problems for viewing the words.

For the smaller display of the page you got to check out the page setup. When you change the page setup you don't have to click the fit to page option. Then try out the two options for the printing i.e the HP Laser printer or the tiny printers that provide the better printing options. You can also try to set the page to print in the correct page size in OpenOffice Calc using File then the preview and to the page format scaling mode which will display you the correct format of scaling the page in the printer.