Thread: McAfee hangs when reboot

McAfee hangs when reboot

While booting the system the McAfee hangs. It displays me the message at the center of the screen. Then I decided to uninstall the antivirus and I further install it. Still the problem persists, McAfee get hangs. I then Ctrl+Alt+Del to call the task manager. To see whether which program is persisting the problem. But I can’t get anything from it. Please help

Re: McAfee hangs when reboot

Which version of McAfee you are using. I do have very same problem with McAfee version 4.5. Then I further installed a new version of McAfee on the system. After this it doesn’t create any kind of problem to the system. I think it’s a virus affecting your system to hang the PC. My conclusion is the newest version of the MacAfee antivirus to install in your machine.

Try it on the safe mode. If you access safe mode with the networking then download mcpr.EXE to uninstall McAfee to your system. Also upload some free tools on to the machine such as rkill.exe, malware bytes, and Trojan remover. After this run msconfig and disable all startup items. Then restart it. Once you are into regular mode start the rkill.exe. This will kill your unwanted process. After it run mcpr.exe to uninstall McAfee. Do not restart your system now. Run mcpr.exe for two – four times and then restart it. It will surely fix this issue.

Try this; you may get some help from it. Open the run window and in that type inetcpl.cpl and then press OK. Open the internet windows in that go to the properties window in it click on the advanced tab and reset it. Now you will get a new window with reset option. Switch ON by clicking and then close the window after resetting is finished. Last time again open the internet window’s properties and then click on the connection tab, you will get the connection, select and remove it. Change the LAN setting on the same window at the bottom. If proxy setting is checked then uncheck it. Now click Apply and then ok to get the new setting. Install it and check whether it’s working properly or not.