Thread: No sound in windows 7 media player on MacBook Air

No sound in windows 7 media player on MacBook Air

I am having Mac Air laptop with Windows 7 operating system and it is going well. But I am facing an issue while playing Windows media player on this machine that is I cannot hear any sound when I play music on it. I have tried using the headphone also but then also cannot hear anything. And also when I connect AirSuperdrive then it not recognize by my machine. I am not getting any idea on this, if anyone having suggestions on this then please reply me. Any suggestion will be appreciate. Thanks in advance.

Re: No sound in windows 7 media player on MacBook Air

In point of view you should reinstall all the drivers for the Windows media player and then again install them. This problem is may be because of some corrupted drivers for the media player, when you installed drivers on your Mac, may some files of it must be missing and therefore you are not getting sound for the same. And your Superdrive is not recognizing is may be because of loose connection of Universal serial Bus to your machine with the Superdrive. I think you first check your USB cable which you are using.

There is several reasons because of that your MacBook Air is not recognizing Superdrive, when you connect it. Many people get this issue, while connecting to the Mac laptop, because they don’t have proper guidance for this. I will advise you to make contact with the apple support system on this; the apple support team will surely guide you to connect superdrive to the MacBookAir. If you are having any other query, then please reply me.

I was facing problem with my player then I decided to go with VLC media player to play on Mac. And it is performing well; all the versions of VLC media player are very compatible with the Mac operating system as well as with Windows 7. I recommend you to use this media player on your machine. I hope this advice may help you.

I think if your machine not recognizes to the AirSuperdrive then I think you should reset the SMC and then check it again, and also check into the system (hardware) profiler, that USB is recognizing or not when you have plugged in AirSuperdrive. If it is not recognizing in the hardware profiler then may be machine is having some problem.

As far I know about Window media player setting that is, when this kind of problem occurs, you first have to check your playback devices by right clicking on the taskbar, which is located at the bottom of the desktop screen. And then see that all the speakers and other devices are enabled or not, if they are disable then make them enable. And apply all the settings. I hope by doing this you can hear the sound.