Thread: How to download iTunes from desktop computer

How to download iTunes from desktop computer

Recently I have purchased a new hp Compaq Presario desktop computer and wanted to install and use the iTunes software in it but I have no idea about the software. So what is the method to download the software and how I can install the same in the hp desktop computer? I wanted this software so that I can download the music files from the various internet sources and transfer the data in different devices. So, any suggestion on the topic will be appreciated to resolve the given issue.
    Last edited by Apollo82; 03-11-2010 at 05:08 PM.

Re: How to download iTunes from desktop computer

If you want to download the iTunes from your hp pc then you have to go to the apple website from where you can download the various apple applications. After that you need to go in the applications section and from there select the iTunes application that you wanted to download. Then you will get a download link and you finally need to select the download button and your download will start. After the download is complete, you need to install the software in the system and then you are ready to use the iTunes in the hp system.

I have tried the steps that you have provided above and the download stop in between and the downloaded file was deleted automatically. So what is the problem in these method and how can I resolve that, is there is any other alternative method available by which I can download the iTunes application any suggestion on the given topic will be appreciated to resolve the issue.

If you are getting the solution with the above method to download the application then you can follow the steps to resolve the problem;

• First you need to Go to the Apple website and go into your email address. Select the Windows version of the application and snap on "Download iTunes."
    • When the "File Download" pack emerges, Select on "Save" and observe as it downloads to your computer.
    • After the set up is complete, look for the iTunes Setup file on your computer and double click the icon.
    • Go after the installation commands and choose alternatives that suit your needs. You can choose the icon to emerge on your desktop or even choose iTunes as your default music player.
    • Select "Next" to set up the program on to your system. After installation, you will necessitate to restart your hp system.
    • Open your recently installed iTunes program by Selecting on the iTunes icon.
    • The program will search for the MP3's that are already on your computer. Allow the program to search for MP3's by selecting "Add MP3s and ACC Files."
    • Choose if you wish to have iTunes systematize your files. If you wish to keep them as they are, select the "Next" button.
    • ITunes will unlock and you can glance through and play your music files.

If the application that you are trying to download is not downloading properly then you can do the following to resolve this problem;

• First you need to empty the Temp directory by going in the Temp folder in your system and delete all the data there and after that you need to restart the system.
    • If you have any previous application on the system then you need to completely remove it from the system along with the QuickTime that you may be using in the hp computers.
    • After that you need to go to the apple website and download the application from there and install in the system to get the maximum advantages from there and these will resolve the problem.