Thread: Is Windows 7 as fast on an iMac as a PC

Is Windows 7 as fast on an iMac as a PC

I am having windows 7 on my desktop and recently I have installed cubase application on my desktop system. cubase is working fine with my desktop. But when I installed cubase on my iMac which was using Windows 7 operating system then the speed of my iMac is affected. The performance of my iMac has been degraded. Is there any software to improve the performance? Also the iMac is displaying some error messages. Is there any installation problem with my system? Are there any incompatibility issues with my system?
    Last edited by VivRichards; 03-11-2010 at 11:40 AM.

Re: Is Windows 7 as fast on an iMac as a PC

Two standard configuration which uses core i3 processors support hyper threading and they will support all your software. Hyper threading provides boost for applications which are multithreaded. Apple has configured 21.5-inch iMacs with processors that provide outstanding performance. Also you can use some additional software may speed up the performance and provide you with extra utilities for your iMac system.

When installing windows 7 on your iMac first you should check your hardware requirements because different operating system support different kinds of hardware and their specifications are different. There might be some extra requirements needed to install windows 7 on iMac. To increase the speed you might increase your RAM or you can switch to some other processors which provides very much efficient system and speed up your systems performance.

The performance of your iMac starts decreasing because there might be several processes running into the background of the system memory of your iMac system. These background processes utilizes RAM, processor speed & system resources inefficiently which degrades your performance. You should close all these background process by using Task manager. Also you should not install any additional software which is of no use because it utilizes space.

The performance of the iMac system using Windows 7 degrades because of the following reasons:
    • Unwanted software is installed on the system which uses the system’s resources.
    • Hardware requirements are not satisfied.
    • Virus has encountered into the system and is corrupting the files.
    • Windows 7 .exe files are very easily infected by virus.
    • The anti-virus which is installed is not updated.
    • Downloading and installing software from the sites which are not trust worthy because it may be containing spyware, malware etc.

Windows 7 works very much smoothly and very comfortably on the desktop. The performance degrades as soon as window 7 is installed on iMac system. To improve the performance of the system we should carry out the following steps:
    1. Clean the unused icons from the desktop.
    2. Clean the cache.
    3. Check for virus, spyware, malware etc. and use updated anti-virus to clean the system.
    4. In the case of hardware failure you must use backup system.
    5. Optimize and defragment all the local drives.
    6. In the case of using internet all the cookies located in the system must be erased.
    7. delete all the temporary files from the system.