Thread: Zune software disappeared, now unable to reinstall it.

Zune software disappeared, now unable to reinstall it.

I have been using my zune media player from last 1 year. My zune media player use to work normally as it use to work. But yesterday when i tried for transferring some application into my media player, my software suddenly collapsed and was not visible to me when i tried to look for the problem. I was shocked, all of the sudden the software in my media player collapsed and when i tried for searching it in my media player i was not able to locate it. So can any one please help me out, what to do now???? Please suggest me what should i do now..

Re: Zune software disappeared, now unable to reinstall it.

According to me you are having some software problem with your media player. The software which you are currently using in the media player might have got corrupted due to some reason. So i think that you should first format the entire media player including all the softwares you have in your system.. So after you format the system you will have clear memory space and after that you can simply install all software and your data into your media player..

Hey I tried for extracting the files from the latest update of the software using winRAR to a folder on my desktop. After that i went to "packages" and then installed zunex86 software into my system. I was happy that i got the new zune software in my system but my Z30 was not recognized at first. I then managed to close it and reopen the zune software. And then i was able to update to 2.2 version of the software ... After that i updated it and now it is working normally as it was working before..

Hey guys I am not able to install the zune software on my computer.. It shows some kind of error message. I think because of my genuine Windows XP operating system which does not support any of the updates of Microsoft.. I am really tensed now.. What should i do now??? Is there any other way to install the software? Can anyone please help me out with any solution.. Please post your replies here as soon as possible...

In order to allow the installer to access Microsoft Update directly, I suggest you to follow these steps:
    1. First, Start > Run Regedit..
    2. After that you just navigate it to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate
    3. After that, simply Back up the key..
    4. After completing this, rename WUServer to WUServer.old and WUStatusServer to WUStatusServer.old..
    5. Also rename the AU key to AU.old..
    6. Restart the "Windows Update" service from Start -> Run ->services.msc
    7. After that restart the setup process.
    8. After setup is completed, just rename the keys as given in steps 4 and 5 to their original values And then again restart the WU service7..

After completing this process you will have your problem solved...

If still you are having the same problem then you can have a look over this solution which might help you for solving your issue...

• Try to download Zune 2.3 installation file from zune.net..
    • I tried to install it but it failed with the same error which is been mentioned above.
    • I also Checked for any web based solutions,but they pointed me to some old and wrong solutions.
    • Then i checked Windows Update , and the update was available for Zune 2.3
    • Installed that update and after that i again ran the installation...But this time, It worked for me..
    • After that i tried to run Zune software in the system but a failure and successive error code pointed to DEP, but after attempting to add Zune.exe to the DEP exception list I found it was already flagged (internally via Vista) to not allow execution of this program without DEP.
    • I finally decided to reboot and again tried to run Zune software. It gave me a message saying that it is processing..
    • I am Sure that it works fine and also does well in future .