Thread: Why it takes so much linked Excel tables in an Access DB?

Why it takes so much linked Excel tables in an Access DB?

I need the database to include data from a other table (one per month and vehicle series) for an annual review to summarize. Since the database also available to others I have made it as easy as possible, so I have all the Excel spreadsheets that are created out everything from impromptu already been created and linked. The user must now replace the old table in the folder and can be output on the DB, the linked data ready for the charts. So I think everything I've done so far executed, a question launches as the whole? with a call to the DB? I still need this part:
    Code:
    Dim db As Database, rs As Recordset, strNewPath String 

strNewPath = "D: \\ New" 

Set db = CurrentDb 

Set rs = CurrentDb (tblExcelTable)
    I have the fact completely removed. I have entered all of Visual Basic. I must now create a macro or even add commands in the autoexec add? Please help me.

Re: Why it takes so much linked Excel tables in an Access DB?

And that can not be in a table in the Access database ? Create it. I would import the Excel data tables. If you're in the MDB Front and back split, you have the users only the to give the front end. In the backend is the data. That you can do as you like. When calling the DB, the start the main form. Somewhere the call Call Excel_Link mentioned be. If the paths match, the rest should go all by itself. The after integration speed you could still a little. Show create form with progress bar and leave.

I find no excel_link call, let alone excel_link * help * but when I viewed VBA I have at the top:
    Code:
    Option Compare Database 
    Public Function Excel_Link () 
    On Error GoTo error: 

Do Until rs.EOF 
    Call TableDelete (rs! tabname) 
    Call TableRelink (rs! path names & rs! Filename Specifies, rs! Tabname) 
    rs.MoveNext 
    Loop 

exit_Excel_Link: 
    Exit Function 
    Error: 
    MsgBox "Error:" & Err.Number & "" & Err.Description & "Excel_Link ()" 
    Resume exit_Excel_Link 
    End Function
    I click on Public Function Excel_Link (). I see the drop down menu over it. (General) and also in times of instant Excel_Link.

Does not matter, everyone has to start small. There must be another Option Explicit with pure. In the VBA Editor> Tools> Options> [X] variable declaration
    required to activate. Then, the future is in there in each module. Is also very important. With the Call function is called:
    Call Excel_Link ()
    Well, it is clear that as badges. When you give then click in the Event Procedure Call Excel_Link on.

No, you have to rewrite anything. Here a variable is declared only in this function is used. The content comes from the calling function - Call TableRelink (rs! path names & rs! Filename Specifies, rs! Tabname) rs! path names & rs! filename Specifies strNewPath as are the contents of string. Marking but sometimes the line Public Function and press F9. The line RED should now be marked, call the function Excel_Link on, the Debugger is now on the Red line. If you now with the strNewPath mouse you can race on and wait 2 seconds, you see the Contents of the variable strNewPath. You should get yourself a book up and deal with the basics, work easier immensely.