Thread: FileSyncAgent.app on mac os x

FileSyncAgent.app on mac os x

A problem developed unexpectedly by means of my MacBook Air. Whenever I wake it commencing sleep, I get the spinning as almost immediately as I endeavour to do anything. This performance is due to the FileSyncAgent.app endeavouring to write incredible to the disk. The system log gives the subsequent, /System/Library/CoreServices/FileSyncAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/FileSyncAgent273: -SULogFile _writeBufferToLogFile: write(_logFP, _buffer, len) => -1, errno = 5 = Input/output error When I expire the FileSyncAgent procedure, the spinning tribulations does no longer happen in consequent sleep/wake cycles. It comes into view by means of the intention of the FileSyncAgent procedure lacks the necessary permission to write to the disk. Repairing permissions on the files of the disks perceptibly has not helped. I need some help here.

Re: FileSyncAgent.app on mac os x

I am apologetic to say this additional than I encompass no superior news for you. I have comprise to had accurately the identical tribulations. It was moderately hard to reproduce. My MBA had to be in sleep state for regarding 12 hours and subsequent to by means of the intention of it had merely slim possibility to wake-up generally. Consider me being a system geek of sorts I did a fair deal of digging regarding this tribulations. At a number of point I even filled a bug in MacOS. It was a hard drive tribulations and I have had to replace it. For several reason the drive was not capable to spin-up on wake event. for a moment it took numerous power cycles to create it spin the entire in excess of again. Now the entire is extremely well and I have comprised never had several tribulations waking it up. I recommend not wasting the time as there is a possibility with the intention of on one occasion in this state the drive might essentially never spin-up the entire in excess of again. Create a back-up and bring it to the Apple Store.

I have immediately set up Portable Home Directories for a diminutive organisation by means of six Macs (10.5). On every workstation, I generated the mobile account, logged out, position the entire their files in the innovative directory, then logged in the entire in excess of again so it would sync to the server (10.5 Server)extremely well, additional than one has a tribulations by means of regarding 145 files. (I say regarding for the reason by means of the intention of sometimes it is 142 and from time to time it is 148.) On login, the sync starts, and as it is running away, a window come into view headed Home Sync Error 1 maintain increasing commencing 1 to the total numeral. The sync window ultimately finishes, leaving this window and the account not completely logged in, ie, nothing be able to be completed in it. The window restrain this: There is a tribulations syncing the file "Braggadocio".

In the list of files there are a lot of fonts, additional than there are a assortment of ordinary files too. In the case of the innovative files, there is immediately nothing in the register on the server to match the file on the client. For the fonts, the register on the client include 77 font files. The register on the server for this user is overflowing by means of 2695 files with names similar to: .fstemp.+HomeSync_Mirror_Peer_aKXKDjiNIF1-HJ78ghgykhk.noindex additional than none by means of names of fonts. For the additional users on other workstations who have encompassed been from side to side the similar procedure, the folder on the server contains immediately the font files. When I logout, a comparable message come into view, additional than than listing merely six files. I have looked from side to side the entire the logs on the server and the client and be able to locate nothing indicating what this error is. On the client, at regarding the time it is logging in, the entire Messages include: On the server, I encompass logging turned on for file sharing, and the AppleFileServiceAccess.log file demonstrate accesses, other than none for the files with the intention of are being complained regarding, and no error messages.

In this you have to eliminate the whole thing from server, installed 10.6 and started the entire in excess of again. Then you have to get some permission errors each so often, when you create certain the files permissions seems to be wrong, additional than nothing regarding chflags at present I get this on 80+ library files by means of the intention of I do not imagine this eliminating the ACLs commencing would be a superior idea. And I do have comprised time to write down the entire those files and locate them via terminal etc. It seems similar to forever by means of the intention of I have been anticipating for additional central logging and management for mobile accounts, additional than it's not a authenticity.

Well, dissimilar to what was in the error communication, it was not correlated to flags by means of the intention of might be changed by chflags. It twist out by means of the intention of somehow a bunch of files had got ACLs on them by means of the intention of protected them being eliminated. I am guessing by means of the intention of the sync procedure tries to clear several flags previous to copying the file to the server, and with the intention of it failed for the reason that of the ACL. The fix was to eliminate ACLs commencing the entire of the affected files. This be able to be completed in Terminal as go subsequent to you have to login as an administrator. The cd to the directory where the exaggerated files are then make a note of with the intention of this does not eliminate ACLs commencing files whose names begin by means of a dot, so you might encompass to do them independently. If the files are spread in a hierarchy of folders, cd to the top one and Note in addition with the intention of this removes the entire ACLs, so create certain with the intention of none of your files necessitate the ACLs previous to you run the command.