Thread: Wim filter complaints by vlite

Wim filter complaints by vlite

I had presently or immediately downloaded and install vLite and upon primary I had open I was encouraged to install WAIK. I hit it off the install switch and was taken to a Microsoft site. I had downloaded the WAIK iso file and eliminate it onto a DVD. I then ran the DVD install to inaugurate the MS WAIK program. When vLite tranquil did not run I turned to these discussion pages and originate a preceding position telling me to replica the wingapi.dll and the inf file to the x86 vlite folder. I originate these files additional than my vlite folder did not encompass an x86 folder so I copied the complete x86 folder appearance the WAIK folder to the vlite folder. By means of the intention of tranquil did not run so I read supplementary and discovered by means of the intention of the vlite x86 folder desirable to be in the winfltr folder which I in addition did not have so I generated one and then I shift the complete x86 folder with the intention of came commencing the WAIK install into the vlite\wimfltr folder and then opened vlite the entire in excess of again. I had hit the install button and the install started additional than then almost immediately afterwards I got a installation failed message. At present what I supposed to do here.

Re: Wim filter complaints by vlite

You might desire to think regarding uninstalling the WAIK and vLite, and re-downloading the most recent vLite construct and reinstalling it and the WAIK (creating certain to copy the requisite files commencing the WAIK in excess of subsequent to the vLite install finishes). I be familiar by means of this thread is previous, additional than I originated a simpler method to fix this. I was having the identical difficulty, and did the similar things the OP did not including for one. If you are having the same problem, here is what you do. First you have to generate a "wimfltr" folder in vLite folder. After by means of the intention of you have to transfer x86 folder commencing Windows AIK folder to vLite wimfltr folder. Subsequent to that you have to open up one vLite folder window, and one window of the wimflt folder. And relocate wimgapi.dll commencing wimfltr folder to vLite folder. At the end run vLite, and the tribulations solved.

Thank you extremely much for this tool. It's precious. Without it, Vista was impracticable for me, even on a Core2 Duo system. On the other hand, I not be able to shake this Wim Filter administrator error on XP. I dual boot and on Vista, vlite inaugurated the filter manager without tribulations and runs faultlessly. On XP, whenever I hit it off on "Vista Ultimate" in the option box, I get the recognized filter error recommending me to restart the system. I restart, additional than it does not solve my difficulty. I endeavor the whole thing. I get the feeling by means of the intention of if I might uninstall the filter and reinstall, this might solve it, additional than I have not originate a method to uninstall it on one occasion installed. Any additional ideas related to this.

I have in addition coming with this error too. I was endeavor dissimilar ways to install this driver additional than nothing assists. I had experienced it on an additional clean system to eliminate circumstances by means of incorrect installed software performance. (I utilized Windows XP SP2) Subsequent to a number of hours this idea come to my mind: version or description of the wimfltr.sysl is "6.0.6000.16386 (vista_rtm.061101-2205)", additional than I have an iso image by means of Windows Vista RC2! This be able to be inappropriateness connecting .wim formats.

The error message is not clear. It's similar to the previous "Windows Protection Error" the communication on Windows 95. It tells not anything. Perhaps you be able to create a special debug version or description by means of the intention of logs the entire the steps when vLite is attempting to attach to the wim filter. By giving the impression of being at by means of the intention of log perhaps most of them be able to understand what goes incorrect. I indicate I do get this error if vLite is intermittent at the erroneous moment and the image is left utilized. Additional than reboot solves it. When it's similar to this then endeavor to reinstall your Wim filter commencing the vlite's folder \wimfltr and the suitable architecture. Immediately right hit it off the inf file and prefer install. I did with the intention of it. I right clicked and preferred install. A window popped up. The wimfltr.sys file was derivative to c:\windows\system32\drivers. I physically confirmed that the file was copied there. Tranquil the similar error.

I am always on seriously nlited OS additional than by installing the entire these developing tools they install the entire kinds of runtimes. By the way I do not touch services on one occasion eliminated, immediately remove the entire except Shell Services by means of IE7 compat ON. (That’s approximately 3 services kept) essentially you going to locate what does the Filter Manager requirements to operate. I would assist you gladly additional than it basically runs, and at present by means of the intention of I go and put out of action stuff haphazardly would be irrational. Let me be familiar by means of what assists then I be able to position auto detection for it. Endeavor first by enabling put out of action services. I determine to endeavor 'naked' fully nLited OS these days.